SUMMARY: The Registrar is an integral part of the camp office team, and is responsible for coordinating paperwork and administrative tasks for the summer programs, managing staff forms, interviewing and hiring prospective staff, organizing the pre-camp swim lessons, and is responsible for the intake, screening, and management of camper information.
REPORT TO: Director of Summer Programs
• Respond to all forms of communication: e-mail, mail, telephone, fax.
• Collaborate with the camp office staff to improve programs for campers, including application/brochure materials, daily schedules, registration, and policies.
• Attend Camp Fairs and Community Events.
• Organize and mail packets to enrolled campers.
• Coordinate camper and camp staff related paperwork.
• Maintain a variety of files and forms for the purpose of documenting and/or providing reliable information relative to camper and staff records.
• Maintain the camp databases, including updating contact information.
• Must have the ability to prepare online and printed forms (i.e. Applications, Medical Forms, etc.) and other job-related documents using prescribed format and conforming to the rules of punctuation and grammar.
• Prepare and disseminate informational lists (i.e. Medical, Sunscreen, Aftercamp) to the administrative staff during the summer.
• Manage and update the camp website.
• Interview and hire summer Counselor and Lifeguard positions.
• Prepare and organize workshops and events for staff training.
• Establish student accounts for billing, and adjust the accounts appropriately when enrollments change.
• Take prospective families on tours of the campus.
Apply by: December 12 2014
Camp/Organization: Tenacre Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Wellesley, MA
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: Salary is dependent upon experience.
- A minimum of a college degree.
- Strong computer skills. Must possess an understanding of computer systems including Microsoft Suite, spreadsheets, databases, accounting procedures, and good business practices.
- Extreme accuracy in the input and maintenance of database records.
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new tasks.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail are crucial to this position.
- This position requires the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in social media (i.e. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.).
- Skills in working with families, conflict resolution and public relations.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with staff and camper families.
- Camp Administration experience preferred.
- Experience coordinating programs, schedules, and staff.
- Experience in record keeping, data management, customer service and general office functions.
IMPORTANT CAMP DATES: Open Houses for Prospective Families: Sunday, January 25th (rain date: 2/1/15) and Sunday, April 12th Staff Training: Saturday June 13th, Tuesday, June 16th, Wednesday, June 17th, and Thursday, June 18th Open House for Enrolled Campers and Families: Sunday, June 21st Swimming Lessons: June 1 – 19 Rising Star Sports: June 8 – 19 Day Camp: June 22 – August 21 (9 weeks)