Under the general direction of the Director of Property and Facilities, the Camp Ranger - Farnsworth provides general maintenance and custodial services in accordance with the Council’s policies and standards. The Camp Ranger works closely with the Camp Directors, volunteers and Council staff to ensure that troop, day and resident campers have a successful camping experience. Primary responsibilities include the ongoing maintenance and development, safety and security of Camp Farnsworth and maintenance, as needed on other Council owned sites. This position requires the incumbent to reside onsite to provide 24 hour emergency coverage.
Apply by: February 28 2015
Camp/Organization: Camp Farnsworth/ Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains (ACA Accredited)
Location: Thetford, VT
Type of Position: Maintenance/support Staff
Time Frame: Year Round
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
• Three years experience in construction trades or camp maintenance management.
• Demonstrable planning, problem solving, written and oral communication skills.
• Valid driver’s license necessary to carry out assignments.
• Available for evening and weekend work.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
• Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
• Ability to think critically, calmly and problem solve in emergency situations.
• Ability to obtain, interpret and use surveys, plans and statistical data.
• Ability to lift 70 lbs. and do routine maintenance work.
• Able to walk one mile on uneven terrain.
• Ability to work cooperatively in furtherance of stated goals
• Ability to supervise a diverse group of people.
• Able to manage financial resources effectively.
• Ability to coordinate work, meet deadlines and work effectively with groups and individuals.
• Ability to work alone.
• Ability to set priorities for responsibilities, and manage flexible work hours, including nights and weekends.
• Experience in construction trades or camp maintenance management.
Onsite housing provided