Our rapidly growing organization is looking for an Office Assistant for a seasonal position from April 6th through Aug 7th. This position is perfectly suited for someone looking for a meaningful and challenging seasonal position in a relaxed, yet busy Camp environment. In this role you would work in the Camp Office, both in preparation for and during the Camp season under the direct supervision of the Office Manager. The Office Assistant is a crucial part of our team and must be punctual, organized, detail oriented, well versed in customer service best practices and skilled at communicating in a clear, warm and friendly way. The Office Assistant must be able to represent Everwood Day Camp’s values and professionalism, and successfully prioritize and multi-task in a demanding, fast paced environment. Candidates must also be energetic and active, and ready to interact with campers, staff, and parents at a moment’s notice. Staff T-shirts will be provided. Casual office attire with shorts/jeans and sneakers are a must! During Pre- Camp (April 6th-June 19th) workdays will predominantly be Monday-Friday, approximately 9am-2:30pm, with a half-hour unpaid lunch break. Hours also include weekend and evening staff training. During the Camp season (June 22nd-August 7th) workdays will be Monday-Friday, from approximately 8am-4:30pm. These hours include a half- hour unpaid lunch break, and are subject to change or extend based on the needs of the Camp Office. *This end date of this position may extend later into late August, based on performance and the needs of the Camp office.
RESPONSIBILITIES Our Office Assistant’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Daily use of our online database system.
- Collecting and managing confidential camper and staff information.
- Communicating with Camp families by phone and email.
- Maintaining a clean and organized office.
- Answering and transferring phone calls, taking messages, and checking voicemail.
- Assisting with late arrivals and early dismissals.
- Bringing campers and their belongings to their groups, or retrieving them at the end of the day.
- Greeting parents and visitors when they arrive for late arrivals or early pick ups.
- Communicating with our Transportation Coordinator and other office staff about camper transportation.
- Communicating with all staff about camper drop-off, pick-up and attendance.
- Helping general staff with questions and directing them to the appropriate person.
- $10 per hour ($250 per week from April 6 to June 19/$400 per week after June 19)
- Being part of a dynamic team of Camp professionals in a rapidly growing organization that is driven by the desire to improve the lives of children.
- Free BBQ lunch every Friday during Camp! All-you-can-eat popsicles!
ABOUT EVERWOOD DAY CAMP Everwood is a unique day camp with the look and feel of a traditional overnight camp, situated on over 70 beautiful acres of lush woods and open green fields on the shore of Lake Massapoag, a beautiful 350-acre lake in Sharon, MA. Everwood Day Camp is a caring community where children make friends, learn, grow and are inspired to be the best person they can be. Everwood is inclusive, fun, vibrant, and safe. Our activities promote educational and personal growth, through our dynamic program of instruction in sports, arts, nature and outdoor adventure. To find out more, visit our website at www.everwooddaycamp.com
Apply by: May 29 2015
Camp/Organization: Everwood Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Seasonal
• Available to work from April 6th to Aug 7th- no exceptions. This is a seasonal position with hours ranging from 25- 40+ hours a week with a possible extension later into August, based on the needs of the Camp Office.
• 19+ years old.
• Experience in a customer service/office environment.
• Excellent multi-tasking and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Strong sense of initiative, with a patient and problem-solving attitude.
• Extremely strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• A friendly and professional manner.
• Proficiency in operating word processing, spreadsheet and database software (particularly Word and Excel).
• The ability to lift and move paper and heavy packages up to 25lbs and be physically active enough to walk quickly around a large rustic campus.
125 Lakeview Street
Sharon, Massachusetts 02067