General Responsibility: Coordinate Wellness/Health Center
Services Specific Responsibilities:
- Manage health forms and related paperwork for Partner Camps, Hale Outdoor Learning Adventures (HOLA) and Hale Day Camp, including pre-camp review of forms.
- Manage medicine storage and distribution as outlined in Board of Health Regulations and American Camping Association Standards.
- Establish schedule for visiting camps further away from Wellness/Health Center.
- Provide first aid service for campers and staff.
- Document all services as specified in Board of Health Regulations and American Camping Association Standards.
- Communicate with Board of Health as necessary.
- Stock and maintain stock for:
- Wellness/Health Center b. North Beach First Aid Kit
- Boating First Aid Kit
- Ropes Course First Aid Kit
- Hale Day Camp First Aid Kits (7)
General Responsibility: Implement Health Plan as outlined by Consulting Physician
- Work cooperatively with Director of Operations to create annual Health Plan.
- Communicate with Consulting Physician regarding plan and details.
- Carry out procedures for medicine distribution, first aid and emergencies as outlined in Health Plan.
- Contact Consulting Physician for medical advice (only if necessary) and when changes must be made to Health Plan.
General Responsibility: Be an active and productive member of the staff providing services to our Partner Camps and Hale Day Camp.
- Arrive at camp no later than 8:45 am.
- Participate in staff orientation for camps as needed.
- Develop ongoing “in-service” programs for Partner Camp staff and campers.
- Abide by procedures as outlined in the staff manual.
- Follow rules and regulations pertaining to smoking, alcohol, and drug use.
- Encourage respect of personal property, camp equipment, and facilities.
- Write, disseminate, and submit all required reports (inventories, certificates, evaluations, special activities...) on time.
- Maintain good public relations with campers, parents, and guardians.
- Conduct necessary end of season inventories and equipment storage.
- Evaluate current season and make recommendations for equipment, supplies, and programs for following seasons.
Note: These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties assigned as required.
Apply by: April 4 2017
Camp/Organization: Hale (ACA Accredited)
Location: Westwood, MA
Type of Position: Health Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Minimum age - 21 years old
- EMT, Wilderness EMT or Registered Nurse Certification
- Experience in camp settings or working with children
- Experience with various medical emergencies and situations
- Desire and ability to work with children and adults in an outdoor camp setting
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control