The Camp Nurse is responsible for onsite health care for the Camp, including first aid, medication management, medical transportation, health screenings, and more.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide health care to meet individual needs of camp staff and campers.
- Organize, maintain, and utilize adequate resources for serving the health and medical needs of the campers and staff.
- Work with food service and other staff to properly manage allergies
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to state and American Camp Association Standards.
- Oversee First Aid procedures and supplies.
- Ensure a staff orientation session is delivered on medical services (First Session Nurse Only).
- Screen all campers and staff who are arriving at camp.
- Supervise sanitary conditions throughout camp.
- Serving on Senior Staff Safety Committee
- Equipment used includes medications, first aid supplies, and other medical supplies per the nurse’s scope of practice.
Apply by: February 7 2017
Camp/Organization: Camp Quinebarge (ACA Accredited)
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Type of Position: Health Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: 600-700 weekly
Qualifications and Abilities:
Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
- Working long hours
- Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
- Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
- Lift and/or assist campers or staff for medical purposes
- 21+ with valid Driver’s License and eligible for work in the United States
- Meets state, federal, and ACA requirements for summer camp employment. Must pass a background check and provide other forms and details.
- Current certification in CPR and/or First Aid. This may be acquired onsite during staff training
- Desire to work around and inspire children in a summer camp environment.
- Licensed as an RN or LPN, eligible for practice within the state of New Hampshire
- Experience in pediatrics and first aid, preferably in a camp or school setting
Camp Quinebarge Camp Quinebarge is a traditional, summer, overnight boys and girls summer camp lying on 65 acres of forest and over 1,200 feet of lakefront on Lake Kanasatka in Moultonborough, NH. Since 1936, Camp Quinebarge has fostered an environment for children to learn about themselves and the world around them, try new activities and learn new skills, and make friendships that last a lifetime.