Camp Quinebarge is a traditional, summer, overnight boys and girls summer camp lying on 65 acres of forest and over 1,200 feet of lakefront on Lake Kanasatka in Moultonborough, NH. Since 1936, Camp Quinebarge has fostered an environment for children to learn about themselves and the world around them, try new activities and learn new skills, and make friendships that last a lifetime.
The Camp Nurse is responsible for onsite health care for the Camp, including first aid, medication management, medical transportation, health screenings, and more.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide health care to meet individual needs of camp staff and campers.
- Organize, maintain, and utilize adequate resources for serving the health and medical needs of the campers and staff.
- Work with food service and other staff to properly manage allergies
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to state and American Camp Association Standards.
- Oversee First Aid procedures and supplies.
- Ensure a staff orientation session is delivered on medical services (First Session Nurse Only).
- Screen all campers and staff who are arriving at camp.
- Supervise sanitary conditions throughout camp.
- Serving on Senior Staff Safety Committee
Equipment used includes medications, first aid supplies, and other medical supplies per the nurse’s scope of practice.
Salary and Benefits
Camp Quinebarge offers a competitive salary, room and board, leadership and other training, weekly laundry, free camper tuition, camp t-shirts and the opportunity to participate in All-Camp Trips and onsite events. Staff are eligible for performance bonuses. Staff members receive an hour off daily and a day off each week.
How to apply
To apply for this or other positions at Camp Quinebarge, please visit www.campquinebarge.com, or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application period will remain open until the position is filled.
Being a staff member at Camp Quinebarge is an incredibly fun and rewarding experience for someone who enjoys children and helping them grow and is a summer you will remember forever. It is also physically and emotionally demanding and not for everyone. Please consider both before applying.
Camp Quinebarge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a member of the New Hampshire Camp Director’s Association, and accredited by the American Camp Association.
Apply by: May 31 2018
Camp/Organization: Camp Quinebarge (ACA Accredited)
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Type of Position: Health Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Licensed as an RN or LPN, eligible for practice within the state of New Hampshire
- Experience in pediatrics and first aid, preferably in a camp or school setting
- Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
- Working long hours
- Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
- Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
- Lift and/or assist campers or staff for medical purposes
- 21+ with valid Driver’s License and eligible for work in the United States
- Meets state, federal, and ACA requirements for summer camp employment. Must pass a background check and provide other forms and details.
- Current certification in CPR and/or First Aid. This may be acquired onsite during staff training
- Desire to work around and inspire children in a summer camp environment.
Position runs from approximately June 16 to August 19, 2018, with nurses working for sessions of 2-8 weeks per their availability and camp's needs. Please contact Co-Directors Liz Schwartzer and Nick Hercules for more details.