Belmont Day Summer Camp is a recreational, day camp program that serves about 600 campers each summer, ages 3 to 15. Belmont Day is located in Belmont, MA.
We are seeking a nurse (RN) to support our program this summer.
- Assess and treat injured campers or staff.
- Care for ill or injured campers or staff.
- Dispense daily medications.
- Receive and maintain emergency medications.
- Monitor health of all campers and staff.
- Respond to medical emergencies.
- Enter online medical records.
- Ensure each camper and staff member has an up to date health history and physical and immunization report on file, as required.
- Follow appropriate medical routines, including record keeping, disposal of medical waste, managing and safeguarding medications, and utilizing approved standing orders.
- Check, maintain, and issue first aid kits when needed.
- Participate in and lead specific areas of staff training pertaining to camp health and safety, and use of universal precautions for infectious control.
- Keep accident/incident reports that can be used for risk-management assessment. Organize and log incident reports into medical log.
- Monitor/evaluate camp procedures, facilities, and conditions. When appropriate, suggest modifications that would create more healthful conditions at camp and report them to Director of Summer Programs and Camp Director.
Apply by: June 10 2017
Camp/Organization: Belmont Day Summer Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Belmont, MA
Type of Position: Health Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
- RN license, new graduate RNs will also be considered.
- Prior experience (preferably pediatric) is always preferred but warmth, patience and the ability to communicate effectively with campers, staff and parents are all crucial.
- Experience with computers is also a requirement as we use an online database for our health records.
Details: • Dates – Seasonal position from June 19 to September 25, with additional, flexible hours before camp starts for training and health record review to be scheduled at mutually agreed upon times. • Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily