Be a part of something extraordinary!
Camp Sewataro is a traditional day camp located in Sudbury, MA, serving campers ages 5-14, plus a staff of 150.
Looking for a dedicated, hard working nurse with a passion for working with children to join our dynamic team for 4 weeks this summer (job share).
Dates: July 27 - August 21, 8am-4pm M-F.
Apply by: August 8 2020
Camp/Organization: Camp Sewataro (ACA Accredited)
Location: Sudbury, MA
Type of Position: Health Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Experience working with children and young adults and communicating with parents, school nurse preferred
- RN License Current CPR and First Aid certifications
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee and hold responsibility for the overall health of camp.
- Maintain the organization and administration of the nurse’s office and use the current methods and protocol for providing medications and treatments.
- Follow the policies and regulations of local, state, and federal organizations in the administration and storage of medication and medical equipment.
- Be aware of the various medical conditions of campers and staff and be ready to act when any medical issue arises.
- Contact parents regarding camper health.
- Oversee the environmental concerns of the camp that affect the camp’s sanitary and health conditions.
- Observe daily the cleanliness of the camp facilities, campers, and staff and ensure that proper health behavior is being followed.
- Report any health issues of note to the camp director.
Responsibilities & Expectations Overall:
- Assist camp administration in assuming responsibility for the total health of the camp.