The Director of Lanakila is a year-round, full time employee of The Aloha Foundation with the primary responsibility of managing & running Lanakila with the highest level of quality & safety, & in accordance with Aloha principles, traditions and history. The Lanakila Director reports to the Executive Director of The Aloha Foundation. Lanakila serves approximately 235 boys aged 8-14 years old, with a staff of 100 counselors who participate in an amazing camp community. The Director works closely with the staff to develop & implement a program of remarkable quality that serves as a leader among its peers. Lanakila operates alongside 5 other ACA Accredited Aloha Foundation programs with a shared mission & talented leaders.
Apply by: January 9 2016
Camp/Organization: Aloha Foundation, Inc. (ACA Accredited)
Location: Fairlee, Vermont
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
Bachelor’s Degree required but a higher degree preferred.
- A desire to become a complete and full member of the Lanakila community of campers, counselors, families and alumni and help them become their best selves.
- A commitment to ongoing personal and professional development to become your own best self. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple competing needs, strategize and execute plans—including experience in managing organizations at both the systems and individual level. Experience in or willingness to learn and practice the concepts and skills of Success Counseling as the foundation of Lanakila’s counseling, managing, teaching and evaluation.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to articulate complex ideas succinctly or in depth as the situation demands.
- Experience cultivating and maintaining relationships with individuals and groups across multiple settings and a wide range of age groups.
- Experience in the world of education and summer camps and the demonstrated ability in contributing to the creation of a safe and supportive camp or educational environment. Familiarity with current education/social trends in all levels of children’s programming. Extensive experience managing senior level staff in a collaborative and/or principle-centered organization. Excellent administrative/office skills, organizational and computer skills and the ability to adapt to new and emerging technology.
- Professional character that is driven by excellence.
- Consistent, capable, self-directed, well-organized, flexible, personable and able to maintain composure in a changing environment.
- Experience working in the educational field at multiple levels with teaching or consulting experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of child development, with an emphasis on the developmental needs of boys ages 8-14 and young men ages 15-25.
To apply, send a single PDF file which includes: cover explaining how you are uniquely positioned to fill the role, resume, 3 references (1 personal & 2 work-related) to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on 11/15 & continue until the position is filled. Complete job description: http://tinyurl.com/Lanakila-Director Our mission is to inspire people of all ages to learn, explore, grow & be their best selves.