To assist in the preparation of food for resident camp dining hall meals. To fully support and actively participate in the team approach to camp management and achievement of goals.
- Assists the head cook with preparation of meals.
- Oversees and helps serve food.
- Assures that food is handled and stored in accordance with U.S. Government, R.I. State Health Department and Girl Scout standards.
- Assists with storage or disposal of leftover foods, making sure all foods are covered and off floor, on pallets.
- Assists in keeping kitchen clean; checks daily that all appliances are kept tidy and clean; assures that work surfaces and floors are swept, washed with soap and disinfectant daily.
- Helps receive food deliveries; checks invoices against food/supplies actually delivered and/or against original order if available.
- Assists with inventories, reports and maintenance of food storage rooms.
- Supervises the kitchen assistants in the absence of the Head Cook. Kitchen Assistants may not be on site without the supervision of either the Head Cook or an Assistant Cook.
- Assists with processing pack-out food orders under guidance of Head Cook and in accordance with unit pack-out food ordering schedule. Prepares mixes for muffins or biscuits using USDA Commodities as primary supplies where possible and in packages for 8, 12 & 24 persons. Follows same principle in preparation of other foods, i.e., frozen meat packaging, cheddar cheese, etc.
- Prepares meal count for dining hall at least a day in advance where possible.
- Helps supervise the dining hall setup for each meal. Sees that the dishwasher is properly cleaned and turned off at the end of the day.
- Follows established camp crisis procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to: The Kitchen Manager - Seasonal/Temporay
Apply by: April 20 2019
Camp/Organization: Girl Scouts of Southeastern New England (ACA Accredited)
Location: Camp Hoffman, 2850 Ministerial Road, West Kingston, RI.
Type of Position: Kitchen Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Age: 18 years of age minimum
- One year of training in institutional food service or equivalent experience
- knowledge of applicable food handling rules
- current State of RI Food Handler certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- current First Aid and CPR certification (or willingness to obtain)
- believes in and embodies the Girl Scout Mission and Law
- knowledge of safe food preparation, storage and handling
- knowledge of safe use and storage of pesticides and cleaning compounds in food preparation areas
- ability to supervise staff and work as a team member
Benefits include full lodging and meals throughout the summer at Camp Hoffman, 2850 Ministerial Road, West Kingston, RI. Apply directly through the GSSNE website: https://girlscoutsofsoutheasternnewengland.formstack.com/forms/summercampstaffapp General information and the detailed job description is also available under: “Work at Summer Camp”: http://www.gssne.org/en/our-council/careers.html)