Girl Scouts of Maine has an immediate opening for a talented, dynamic director (year round) for Camp Pondicherry in Bridgton, in Maine’s beautiful Lakes Region, 1 hr north of Portland. ACA accredited. This key position is responsible for directing summer resident and day-camp programs and off- season programs and participates in other council activities and events throughout the year. Our director must have a passion for girl development and camp along with initiative, energy, creative problem solving skills and a collaborative orientation, with proven success as a camp leader particularly with camper retention and skills progression programming. Responsible for delivery of an excellent camp experience including seasonal staff recruitment, training, program development, budgeting, planning, promotion and marketing of the camp experience, and volunteer development. Off season base is at GSME Service Center in South Portland, ME. Collaborates with other council departments to deliver the Girl Scout Leadership Experience. Summer on-site camp housing provided. Frequent in-state travel required. Some nights & weekends. Salary negotiable and based on experience. Excellent benefits package.
Apply by: January 27 2017
Camp/Organization: Girl Scouts of Maine- Camp Pondicherry (ACA Accredited)
Location: Bridgton, ME
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2 years experience in camping administration
- Excellent communication skills
- Supervisory experience.
- Prior experience in directing all aspects of a residential summer camp, co-ed or single gender female preferred.
- Program development experience.
- Prior Girl Scout experience helpful but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and automated camp record keeping (Camp Minder experience a plus).
Candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by January 27, 2017.