Girl Scouts of Maine has an immediate opening for a talented, dynamic director for Camp Pondicherry in Bridgton, in Maine’s beautiful Lakes Region, 1 hr north of Portland. This key year-round position is responsible for directing summer resident and day-camp programs, and participates in other council activities and events throughout the year. Our director must have a passion for girl development and camp along with initiative, energy, creative problem solving skills and a collaborative orientation, with proven success as a camp leader particularly with camper retention and skills progression programming. Responsible for delivery of an excellent camp experience including seasonal staff recruitment, training, program development, budgeting, planning, promotion and marketing of the camp experience, and volunteer development. Off season base is at GSME Service Center in South Portland, ME. Collaborates with other council departments to deliver the Girl Scout Leadership Experience. Summer on-site housing provided. Frequent travel required. Excellent benefits package.
Apply by: November 16 2014
Camp/Organization: Girl Scouts of Maine (ACA Accredited)
Location: So. Portland & Bridgton, Maine
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience
• Twenty-five years of age or older
• Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
• A minimum of two years experience in camping administration
• Ability to select, train and supervise seasonal camp staff • Strong interpersonal skills
• Must possess effective oral and written communication skills
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and experience using data bases.
• Willingness to obtain skills certifications, as appropriate.
• Strong time-management skills
• Effective marketing and recruitment skills for campers and staff.
• Sound fiscal management
• Good problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Assessment and evaluation skills
• Nights, weekends and travel are required
• Access to and ability to operate a motor vehicle throughout the council jurisdiction
• Ability to handle rough and uneven terrain and rigors of camp life
• Willingness to join the Girl Scout organization and accept its beliefs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2 years experience in camping administration
- Excellent communication skills
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and automated camp record keeping.
Candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by October 17, 2014. Accepting email submissions only.