• Plan for the successful implementation, recruitment, staffing and facility set up on a year-round basis to ensure a well-run, safe, quality summer camp experience in collaboration with Director of Farm Operations and other key staff members.
• Lead the promotion team for a full camper enrollment.
• Lead the promotion and retention team for a full, qualified and competent staff for summer.
• Organize the summer overall schedule of events and set dates for the camp community events.
• Assist in the budget preparation for camp, including staff salaries. Attend bi-weekly leadership team meetings with management staff.
• Maintain current spreadsheet of camper enrollment and keep track of camper/staff forms.
• Review camper aging and organize accurate records. Ensure correct invoicing of campers and 1st year CITS on regular basis before, during and after camp with ED and Bookkeeper.
• Plan and implement the camp staff training during the year to ensure well trained, competent staff and teachers.
• Take an active role to ensure that the facilities are ready for the arrival of both campers and staff.
• Participate actively in the running of camp during the summer, to include orientation and close-up of camp.
• Supervise CITs, senior staff, kitchen help, life guard, and nurse.
• Organize and run weekly senior staff meeting during the camp season.
• Schedule staff for rest hours and afternoon activities.
• Monitor staff performance to include but no limited to proper dress, safety for campers, and following agreed upon camp schedules.
• Organize merchandise for sale with camp logo.
• Be in regular communication with parents and staff both prior to camp, during, post camp sessions and season.
• Oversee ACA Accreditation every three years, while maintaining compliance during the non-accreditation years.
• Work on recruiting for specialty weekends.
• Recruit and oversee key staff roles for the summer such as kitchen staff, nurses, CITS, senior staff, life guard.
• Take an active role in social media as it pertains to PF.
• Regularly review the Pony Farm camp section of the TSF website and make change suggestions to TSF’s website manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
Apply by: December 8 2018
Camp/Organization: Pony Farm Summer Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Temple NH
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: Depends of Experience
At least 25 years of age
Experience with children and adults of all ages
2 years previous administrative or supervisory experience in an organized camp.