Summer Camp Counselor New London County 4-H Camp is a traditional overnight and day camp in Franklin, Connecticut. Spend your summer outdoors and making a difference in the lives of children. Make life-long memories and friends from across the county and all over the world. We are a very welcoming place and we are looking forward to you becoming apart of our camp community.
Objective: To positively impact the lives of children.
• Supervise children and teens in cabin and activities throughout the day and at night.
• Organize, plan, and lead creative and engaging activities in programs for ages 6-17. Are programs include: soccer, sports, archery, disc golf, swimming, canoeing, mad science, rocketry, arts and crafts, drama, dance, movie making, outdoor living, music, fishing, dance, newspaper, bracelet making, t-shirt making, and ropes course. (We may be adding new additional programs this summer)
• Provide children and teens with a safe and comfortable environment to learn, grow, and make genuine connections with others.
• Mentor and be a role model for our teens in the Teen Leader program and Junior Staff program.
• Complete weekly evaluations for various programs.
• Work effectively with other staff members. Communicate clearly and professionally.
• Monitor the general safety and cleanliness of the camp.
Apply by: June 20 2020
Camp/Organization: New London County Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Franklin Connecticut
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
• Must be at least 18 years or older, has graduated high school.
• Has a positive attitude, is energetic, and enthusiastic!
• Is flexible/open minded and willing to take on additional responsibilities.
• Has time management and organizational skills.
• Is able to work long hours.
• Can work well under pressure.
• Is available from June 10th-August 15th(These dates are subject to change slightly and can be flexible).
• Must be able to work from Sunday- Friday. On Sunday we start at 11am and finish around 7pm on Friday.
Must pass mandatory drug screening.
Job Type: Full-time
37 Kahn Road Franklin Connecticut
Franklin, Connecticut 06254