Full-time, year-round Camp Director needed to help fulfill our mission to educate, entertain and develop healthy kids. Impact the lives of thousands of children while experiencing professional development and contributing to a growing company. No tech skills—no problem! Emagination works in a team environment and other members of our team will provide you any training and support you need.
Apply by: March 5 2017
Camp/Organization: Emagination Computer Camps (ACA Accredited)
Location: Salem, NH
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: Competitive salary based upon relevant skills and prior experience. Medical (including fitness reimbursement), Dental, 401K (with company match), paid vacation, Fridays off in the fall. Housing and meals provided at camp. Full Time Camp Director Position includes membership in the American Camp Association and participation in conferences and other professional development opportunities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruit Staff- Work with our recruiting team to identify resources, develop relationships with target resources, develop materials and secure seasonal staff. Attend recruiting events, interview and recommend candidates for hire.
- Direct Camp-Year Round Camp Directors live on site at one of our five camp locations during the camp season and manage the daily operation of our summer camp program including health services, program areas, business, human resource matters, and camper / staff supervision.
- Develop Programs- Annually review all program areas of our camps (except technology workshops/curriculum): evening program, daily schedule, recreation, special events, off-campus trips, teen leadership and more and recommend improvements and additions. Then lead a team of camp professionals to develop and implement programs to provide campers with a fun and rewarding experience.
- Train Staff- Staff Training takes place on site at each camp location the week prior to the start of the camp season. Additionally, we hold a leadership training weekend in the spring in conjunction with the ACA New England Conference. Be part of the team that develops the staff orientation and training materials and travel to one or more of our camp locations to train our seasonal staff to do their jobs effectively and with enthusiasm.
- Represent Emagination– Build relationships with our camp families through good communication and genuine interest in the camper and the needs of the family. Grow our camper population by promoting camp to prospective families on the telephone, via email and other media, and in person at camp fairs, expos and other marketing events.
- Commit to camp –As you know, camp is rewarding but it takes dedication. The ideal candidate is passionate about summer camp and willing to go above and beyond to support team members, contribute new ideas and promote a positive energy in the work place.
Computer Camp Directors are seasoned camp professionals who meet the following requirements and have the background and experiences necessary to perform the responsibilities of the position.
- Minimum 25 years of age
- B.A., B.S. or appropriate professional certification
- 5+ years administrative / leadership experience at residential summer camp or similar environment
- Experience supervising and managing a team of 15-30 people
- Experience maintaining a budget and recording expenses
- Strong leadership and organization skills
- Ability to lead games, songs, classes, and other activities with groups of children and adults
- Hold or be willing to acquire CPR, AED and First Aid Certification
Since 1982, Emagination has provided a co-ed, residential summer camp experience that blends technology education and summer camp fun. Through a combination of structured classes and traditional camp activities, Emagination’s campers build relationships, become part of a community and learn technology and life skills that prepare them for success. We are headquartered in Salem, New Hampshire (on I-93, 10 miles north of the Massachusetts border) and have camp locations on college campuses near major cities in the Midwest, New England, Northeast, and Southeast.