For over 70 years, Center Day Camp has offered a quintessential Maine summer camp experience to campers of all backgrounds, ages 5-15. CDC offers swimming, theater, arts and crafts, hiking, nature and many more activities on 25 acres on Sebago lake in Windham, Maine. Our Camp Director oversees and implements all aspects of managing Center Day Camp, and supports other youth and family programs and events throughout the school year at the organization’s 20,000 square foot community center in Portland.
Apply by: November 16 2019
Camp/Organization: Center Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: The JCA offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes partial contribution toward individual health insurance, employer paid short and long term disability and life insurance, and generous paid time off including Federal and Jewish holidays. Programmatic discounts are also available.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Education or Social Work preferred;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, positive attitude;
- Exceptional leadership and decision making skills;
- Strong organizational, time management, and written and oral communication skills;
- Experience with CampMinder preferred;
- Experience with ACA accredited camp programs and/or JCC camps preferred
A minimum of three years of employment within summer day camp and/or sleep away camp programs with a minimum of two years in a camp Assistant Director role;
To Apply: Email cover letter and résumé, as a PDF or Word document only, to firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate “Center Day Camp Director” in subject line of email. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.