Camp Timanous is a boys overnight summer camp located 25 miles west of Portland, Maine on the shores of Panther Pond. A beautiful New England setting, where boys have fun, learn new skills, enjoy the outdoors, make lifelong friends, and return home more self reliant, self sufficient, and self confident. Timanous is dedicated to providing a camp life that builds character and has lasting value for every boy. This camp life features: Simple active living in a rustic environment; Deep respect for the rights and self worth of every individual; Holistic growth of body, mind and spirit.
Camp Timanous supports this camp life by fostering high standards for counselors as role models and leaders, maintaining generational continuity of the camp community, and supporting opportunities to expand programming to reach economically diverse populations.
- The Director is the sole employee of the Board of Trustees whose primary role is to ensure the strongest realization of the camp's mission, leading a core 7 week boys camp program that stands out as exemplary in its culture, curriculum, safety, and camper outcomes.
- Supervise camper recruitment and retention through CampMinder, camp enrollment, and partnership with parents
- Manage and/or supervise all matters regarding employment
- Select and hire highly qualified persons to serve as members of the staff, working in close consultation with other supervisors as appropriate
- Manage retention and dismissal of personnel; salaries and contracts; job assignments and performance evaluation; mentoring, training, and professional development; employee handbooks and personnel records
- Lead all aspects of communication, including public speaking, writing, and all aspects of electronic communication in pursuit of the Timanous mission as described above
- Supervise all aspects of facilities planning and management for 64 camp buildings and over 140 acres, including over 2,000 feet of frontage on Panther Pond
- Manage all aspects of the camp's finances, including supervising budget preparation; monitoring income, expenditures, collections, and cash flow; maintaining appropriate financial records and controls; overseeing the employee benefits program; and ensuring the fulfillment of the camp's obligations to accrediting agencies, governing agencies and in contractual agreements
- Maintain good governance practices and develop and effectively work toward the vision of the camp in collaboration with the board of trustees, it's chair, and it's committees
- Keep trustees informed regarding all aspects of the camp's operation and serve as a member ex officio of all standing committees of the board
- Collaborate with the board in fundraising, alumni relations, community relations and the development of additional programming aligned with mission and vision.
Apply by: November 30 2017
Camp/Organization: Camp Timanous (ACA Accredited)
Location: Raymond, Maine
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
- Masters Degree in education or equivalent education and experience in related field
- 10+ years progressive management experience including people and financial management
- Fundraising experience(donor identification, development, and retention)
- Program development experience
- Experience working in an overnight camp
- Event planning and management experience
- Curriculum development experience
- Experience working with youth in an educational setting
- Nonprofit experience
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Experience managing teams and groups with multiple conflicting priorities
- Experience working with diverse populations and families
The hope is that the successful applicant will begin in September of 2018. All prospective applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and list of current references via email to Jessica Smart at The Smart Group Executive Search, firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2017.