Camp Marshall - Worcester County 4H Center in Spencer, MA is urgently seeking a camp director for its 2015 season. This camp is a co-ed residential camp, running for six weeks, July 5 - August 14. Campers come Sunday afternoon and leave Friday afternoon; weekends are off. Camp Marshall offers traditional and horse programs. Most of the counselors and staff have already been hired. Seeking someone with good managerial skills, ingenuity, enthusiasm, and supervisory experience. Position reports to the center director and board of directors.
Apply by: July 4 2015
Camp/Organization: Camp Marshall (ACA Accredited)
Location: Spencer, MA
Type of Position: Director
- Familiarity with ACA policies/Standards
- College degree preferred with some administrative experience with a camp
- Additional experience with programming and administering programs that reflect the camp's population is desirable
- Summer camp experience preferred; ability to design, deliver, and evaluate camp programs that meet the needs and interests of target populations, and ensure their delivery in a safe and quality manner.
- Experience with youth ages 4-16
- Supervisory experience of staff ages 16-22.
- Ability to oversee the daily operation of the summer resident camp including food service, program, business, camper and staff supervision, and health care.
This position may also be year-round in a part-time capacity, or summer-to-summer, depending on the applicant's preference and/or availability.