POSITION SUMMARY: Oversees all aspects of Day Camp operations ensuring a safe and impactful summer for all with a focus on Healthy Living, Youth Development and Social Responsibility.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program
- Oversees scheduling of all camp sessions and activities
- Monitors daily camp operations to adhere to all state, local, YMCA and ACA health and safety regulations
- Secures facilities and admission for camp field trips and events
- Secures and monitors transportation for field trips
- Purchases and maintains supplies for camp activities.
Apply by: May 28 2016
Camp/Organization: Camp Eastman | Torigian Family YMCA (ACA Accredited)
Location: Peabody, MA
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $18 to $22 Per Hour
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent. Minimum age requirements may apply; for example, preferred age of 25, minimum 21.
- Completion of Redwoods Trainings including Child Abuse Prevention and Bloodborne Pathogens; CPR; First Aid; AED;
- Sufficient physical strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations (depending upon the programs).
- Two years of related administrative experience
- YMCA or ACA Camp Director training
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the communit
Apply by Email. See contact address below. Resumes Accepted Until 4/4/2016
259 Lynnfield Street Torigian Family YMCA
Peabody, Massachusetts 01960