Guard Up's Wizards & Warriors and Zombie Summer Camps are hiring Day Camp Counselors for the summer.
We provide training, costumes (although you can bring your own!), props, make up, and foam weapons. In return, our expectations are high. We require you to be responsible, flexible, and reliable. You must fully embrace and adhere to the concept that this camp is for the campers, which means that all of our staff are having the most amount of fun when our campers are having tons of fun.
As such, the roles you play and the positions you hold are always in service of the entertainment value. We all have favorite characters we enjoy playing, but what is more important is if the campers like the characters (or at least like fighting them). We only invite back staff who meet our high level of performance. It is an exhausting, demanding job that requires both physical and mental endurance. But you will have the time of your life and we can guarantee that you will never be bored!
Check out our feature on NPR's Mindshift: https://ww2.kqed.org/mindshift/2017/04/06/how-a-sword-and-sorcery-camp-uses-immersive-role-play-to-teach-steam/.
Apply now at http://www.swordsummercamp.com/camp_job/
Apply by: June 27 2017
Camp/Organization: Guard Up
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
- All camp staff are required to have previous experience working with kids and teens and be at least 18 years of age.
- Acting experience is not necessary, but does help.
- We're interested in mature decision makers -- counselors and performers who like to take part in a creative, improvisational environment -- but always with safety foremost in their mind.
- You must be exceptionally reliable and a good communicator.
- Punctuality is necessary as the nature of these activities requires precision timing.
- Professionalism is mandatory.
- Please note that Wizards & Warriors Camp is owned and run by parents. Our own children attend these camps. Safety is our highest concern. We expect that it will be yours as well.
- References required.
Must be available: Monday, June 19 -- Friday, September 1st.
All staff, performers, and volunteers must submit to a CORI and SORI Background Check, intensive screening, and reference check.
The best candidates are. . . Age 20 and over with experience working with kids of various ages. Teachers and childcare professionals are strongly encouraged to apply. People who love teaching in a positive learning environment and who have afternoons or weekends available. Coaches, Teachers, Instructors, or Group Leaders who are passionate about working with kids, but may not have experience in our particular activities. No experience in swordsmanship is necessary. We will train you!