Camp Starfish Program Instructors are responsible for the curriculum and teaching of a specific area on camp. They may also be responsible for activities, special events, and experiences that make camp such a special place. They plan lessons and teach a variety of activities within a specific program area (i.e. Arts and Crafts is a program area in which you might teach painting, jewelry making, friendship bracelets, etc.). Instructors lead approximately 3-5 activity periods daily - for Day and Crescent campers, those lessons are one-time projects; for Navigators and older campers, they are taught in multi-day "bundles" which allow deeper exploration of the topics.
A sample list of program areas can be found on our website at: http://www.campstarfish.org/activities.html
Successful candidates demonstrate:
- Strong personal integrity, adaptability, emotional intelligence, enthusiasm, patience, and self-control
- Ability to understand, role model, and adhere to Starfish policies and procedures
- Use of the “Starfish Tools” as a foundation for professional development and interactions
- Willingness and ability to seek and accept supervision and guidance
- Embrace and accept differences in religion/ethnicity/culture/race/gender/sexual orientation and/or other diversities. Willingness and ability to treat all campers and staff fairly regardless of identity, background, and/or preferences
- Pass all background checks as required for seasonal employees of an organization working with vulnerable child populations
- Ability to work the entirety of the season, as stated in a letter of hire, including staff training dates
- Prefer at least 19 years old with one year of college/work/life experience outside of high school
This is a residential summer camp position with Summer 2019 employment dates: June 7th - August 17th. Live, work, and play with some truly amazing children.
Apply by: May 20 2019
Camp/Organization: Camp Starfish
Location: Rindge, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
All hiring decisions contingent on completed application, reference verification, and results of background checks.