Camp Starfish Lifeguards teach swim lessons and boating instruction, as well as supervise water safety at our three waterfronts. In addition, they lifeguard during activity periods as well as during free swims and camper reward time. Every camper receives a 1:1 swim lesson each day, and waterfront staff may teach anything from first-time swimmers to junior lifeguard levels. Waterfront skills training will be provided, and lifeguard staff must be able to pass the applicable tests as required by training curricula.
We’re looking for motivated and fun individuals who have a desire and ability to work with children outdoors, in a mission-focused, not-for-profit organization dedicated to fostering the success and growth of children with emotional, learning and behavioral problems by providing individualized attention as part of structured, nurturing, and fun group programs.
Successful candidates demonstrate:
- Strong personal integrity, adaptability, emotional intelligence, enthusiasm, patience, and self-control
- Ability to understand, role model, and adhere to Starfish policies and procedures
- Use of the “Starfish Tools” as a foundation for professional development and interactions
- Willingness and ability to seek and accept supervision and guidance
- Embrace and accept differences in religion/ethnicity/culture/race/gender/sexual orientation and/or other diversities.
- Willingness and ability to treat all campers and staff fairly regardless of identity, background, and/or preferences
- Pass all background checks as required for seasonal employees of an organization working with vulnerable child populations
- Ability to work the entirety of the season, as stated in a letter of hire, including staff training dates
- Prefer at least 19 years old with one year of college/work/life experience outside of high school
- • For Lifeguard positions, prior experience with life guarding, swim instruction, and/or competitive swimming strongly preferred
Additionally, Lifeguards will:
- Ensure safety in and around the waterfront area at all times
- Anticipate hazardous conditions and take precautionary measures
- Render first aid and CPR within the scope of employee's certifications
- Maintain area so that area is kept clean and safe at all times
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for all members
- Attend training or staff meetings as scheduled
- Maintain appropriate certifications
This is a residential summer camp position with Summer 2019 employment dates: June 6th - August 17th. Live, work, and play with some truly amazing children.
Apply by: May 18 2019
Camp/Organization: Camp Starfish
Location: Rindge, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Current Lifeguard certification or a willingness to participate in camp's lifeguard training course. Current approved First Aid and CPR/AED certification or a willingness to participate in course offered by camp. Water Safety Instructor preferred
All hiring decisions contingent on completed application, reference verification, and results of background checks.