Organization Founded in 1966, Hill House is an independent, non-profit community center serving downtown Boston. We are the backyard in the city for thousands of families, and are dedicated to delivering a sense of community to Boston residents. Hill House offers programs, seasonal events and outreach initiatives to children, teenagers, adults and seniors—with emphasis on children ages 6 months-12 years. Please www.hillhouseboston.org to learn more.
Hill House is seeking energetic, focused and enthusiastic individuals who enjoy working with children ages 3-12 years for our 2017 Summer Camps. Our counselors have energy to spare, love to play, create, be animated and act silly— all while maintaining a safe and nurturing environment for our campers. Two different positions are available throughout the summer.
Day Camp Counselors
Day Camp Counselors are seasonal positions with possibility of part-time employment during the fall. No health or dental benefits are available.
Day Camp Counselors work with 5-12 year olds and report to the Day Camp Team Leader. Day Camp Counselors ensure the safety of campers at all times, supervise and actively participate with campers in group during all aspects of day, assist in planning and leading activities, set an example for campers by maintaining a good attitude—all while keeping up the enthusiasm of 5-10 campers in a group.
Choice of shift available, and are approximately 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm or 9:30 am-5:30 pm. Mandatory staff meetings are held every Wednesday from 4:00 to 4:30 pm.
Kiddie Kamp Counselors
Kiddie Kamp Counselors are seasonal positions with possibility of part-time employment during the fall. No health or dental benefits are available.
Kiddie Kamp Counselors work with 3-5 year olds and report to the Kiddie Kamp Team Leader. Kiddie Kamp Counselors ensure the safety of campers at all times, lead morning activities, supervise play at the local spray deck, assist in the leading of activities, actively participate with campers in all aspects of their day and maintain positive and open relationships with campers, fellow staff and parents.
Hours are approximately 8:00 am to 1:30 pm. Mandatory staff meetings are held every Thursday from 1:30 to 2:00 pm. All staff must be high school graduates, with solid experience working with children in a pre-school setting and a strong commitment to creating a safe and exciting summer camp experience.
Apply by: September 16 2017
Camp/Organization: Hill House Inc (ACA Accredited)
Location: Boston, MA
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: Depending on experience
- Ensure that campers are safe at all times.
- Supervise campers in your group during all aspects of the day.
- Assist in teaching or leading activities.
- Maintain active participation with campers at all times.
- Identify and meet campers’ individual needs; seek assistance when necessary.
- Set a good example for campers by maintaining a good attitude; remember, you are a role model!
- Maintain positive and open relationships with campers, the staff team, and parents.
- Promote a healthy, safe, supportive and exciting camp environment.
- Have fun!
- Prior experience at camp a plus.
- Strong desire and proven ability to work with children in a camp setting.
- Ability to lead activities and supervise groups of 4-10 campers in your group.
- Ability to relate to campers and other staff as part of a team.
- Strong character including but not limited to a sense of humor, enthusiasm, maturity and patience.
- Possess unique skills or talents that will bring originality and excitement to the camp.
Day Camp runs until August 31st Kiddie Kamp run until August 25th