In 2018, Camp Starfish opened a high ropes course as a part of our “Challenge” program area, focusing on team building and challenge by choice adventure. This program features three high elements to complement the existing low ropes course. We are seeking individuals with high rope experience and enthusiasm to lead this experience for campers and staff at Camp Starfish this summer.
Camp Starfish Program Instructors are responsible for the curriculum and teaching of a specific area on camp. They may also be responsible for activities, special events, and experiences that make camp such a special place. They plan lessons and teach a variety of activities within a specific program area. Instructors lead approximately 3-5 activity periods daily - for our youngest campers, those lessons are one-time projects; for Navigators and older campers, they are taught in multi-day "bundles" which allow deeper exploration of the topics.
Successful candidates demonstrate:
- Strong personal integrity, adaptability, emotional intelligence, enthusiasm, patience, and self-control
- Ability to understand, role model, and adhere to Starfish policies and procedures
- Use of the “Starfish Tools” as a foundation for professional development and interactions
- Willingness and ability to seek and accept supervision and guidance
- Embrace and accept differences in religion/ethnicity/culture/race/gender/sexual orientation and/or other diversities. Willingness and ability to treat all campers and staff fairly regardless of identity, background, and/or preferences
- Pass all background checks as required for seasonal employees of an organization working with vulnerable child populations
- Ability to work the entirety of the season, as stated in a letter of hire, including staff training dates
- Prefer at least 19 years old with one year of college/work/life experience outside of high school
This is a residential summer camp position with Summer 2019 employment dates: June 7th - August 17th. Live, work, and play with some truly amazing children.
Apply by: May 18 2019
Camp/Organization: Camp Starfish
Location: Rindge, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Certifications: Qualified candidates will have minimal current certification in Advanced Basics (AB) Level One and/or Advanced Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) Level One.
All hiring decisions contingent on completed application, reference verification, and results of background checks.