Camp Starfish Group Specialists accompany a group of campers in a particular age group through all their daily activities. Responsibilities include encouraging camper participation, helping campers who may require additional time or explanation, supporting campers who may require extra attention, and implementation/monitoring of individualized behavioral plans. There are several different groups, each of which varies a bit in their daily pursuits. These specific roles include focuses on Residential, Day Camp, Teen, Beachcombers, Crescent, TIDES, Camper Services Team (CST), and Lead Specialists. A more complete description of each of these areas can be found on our website at: http://www.campstarfish.org/staff/being-on-staff.html
We’re looking for motivated and fun individuals who have a desire and ability to work with children outdoors, in a mission-focused, not-for-profit organization dedicated to fostering the success and growth of children with emotional, learning and behavioral problems by providing individualized attention as part of structured, nurturing, and fun group programs.
Successful candidates demonstrate:
- Strong personal integrity, adaptability, emotional intelligence, enthusiasm, patience, and self-control
- Ability to understand, role model, and adhere to Starfish policies and procedures
- Use of the “Starfish Tools” as a foundation for professional development and interactions •
- Willingness and ability to seek and accept supervision and guidance
- Embrace and accept differences in religion/ethnicity/culture/race/gender/sexual orientation and/or other diversities. Willingness and ability to treat all campers and staff fairly regardless of identity, background, and/or preferences
- Pass all background checks as required for seasonal employees of an organization working with vulnerable child populations
- Ability to work the entirety of the season, as stated in a letter of hire, including staff training dates
- Prefer at least 19 years old with one year of college/work/life experience outside of high school
This is a residential summer camp position with Summer 2019 employment dates: June 7th - August 17th. Live, work, and play with some truly amazing children.
Apply by: May 18 2019
Camp/Organization: Camp Starfish
Location: Rindge, NH
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
All hiring decisions contingent on completed application, reference verification, and results of background checks.