Camp Counselors (Den Leaders) are paired with a 2nd counselor and responsible for 10-12 campers to ensure that they get to activities on time.
Apply by: June 30 2016
Camp/Organization: Camp Resolute (ACA Accredited)
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Ability to communicate and work with groups participating (age and skill levels) and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff
- Ability to move around the camp sites and program areas
- Ability to work cooperatively with camp staff, Assistant Reservation Director - Program, and Reservation Director
- Assists in camp-wide events
- Willing to be a Registered member of Boy Scouts of America
- 16 years of age or older
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Ability to observe staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate management techniques.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
Previous experience working with children 7-14 a plus, but not required
Salary is starting pay for 1st time staff, but previous experience is taken into consideration.