Thunder (grades 2nd & 3rd) Camp Coordinator – Senior Administrative Leader Camp
Beech Cliff (CBC) is seeking senior-level seasonal staff for our premier traditional outdoor education day camp. With 50 acres of woods bordering Acadia National Park and extensive waterfront on Echo Lake, summers at CBC are all about having new experiences, making lasting friendships, and exploring the great outdoors. Our nine program areas promote a balance between the active and the creative. We take great pride in our accreditation with the American Camp Association (ACA) which drives everything we do in terms of health and safety. Most importantly we are known for our high quality staff and recommended by camper families!
Camp Coordinator duties include (but not limited to):
- Attend the spring ACA conference (March 30 – April 1) with the leadership team for professional development and to assist with pre-season planning
- Assist in leading staff trainings and continued development
- Supervise and support one of three age-based camps (Thunder, grades 2nd & 3rd) and a team of counselors
- Respond to challenging/ individual camper needs (i.e. behavioral, social/emotional, disciplinary)
- Complete administrative duties, including daily attendance, weekly camp scheduling, and planning special programs
- Support and communicate with camper families
- Work with a team of leaders to maintain overall quality of camper (ages 5-15 yrs) experience
Apply by: March 30 2017
Camp/Organization: Camp Beech Cliff (ACA Accredited)
Location: Mount Desert, Maine
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: Weekly salary range: $500 - $600.
- At least 22 years of age
- Enthusiasm for kids
- Personal initiative
- Clear and honest communication skills
- Clean driving record
- Ability to supervise
Availability May 30 – end of August.
- Supervisor experience
- BA Degree
- Significant camp experience
Applicants should realize that the job of a camp counselor is challenging, demanding, and requires a great deal of patience and understanding. Personal lifestyle sacrifices may have to be made including disconnecting from daily use of digital technology during the camp day. Sensitive and dynamic leadership is necessary to provide youngsters the opportunity to grow, learn to positively relate to others, establish life-long values, and increase their appreciation of the natural world. All staff must adhere to the health and safety laws set forth by the State of Maine Dept of Human Services Youth Camps Division, and standards for accreditation with the American Camping Association. Possible Housing. Weekly salary range: $500 - $600.