Camp Quinebarge is a traditional, overnight boys and girls summer camp lying on 70 acres of forest and over 1,200 feet of lakefront on Lake Kanasatka in Moultonborough, NH. Since 1936, Camp Quinebarge has fostered an environment for children to learn about themselves and the world around them, try new activities and learn new skills, have fun, and make friendships that last a lifetime.
At Quinebarge, we have three types of staff: counselors, support staff, and senior staff. Counselors work directly with campers at activities and in cabins. Senior staff support and supervise counselors and support staff. Kitchen staff fall under the category of support staff. While working directly with campers is not their main role, support staff perform integral duties that keep Camp running smoothly, and play a vital role in the camper experience.
Our kitchen is run by 1-2 Camp Chefs, with 3-4 Kitchen Assistants. Together, they serve three meals each day for up to 250 to campers and staff, typically served in our Dining Hall or outdoors as a cookout. Chefs and kitchen staff are beloved by campers and staff alike at Quinebarge. Chefs are provided onsite housing.
Job Dates: Approximately June 9 - August 18
How to Apply: To apply for this or other positions at Camp Quinebarge, please visit campquinebarge.com/staff.
Camp Chef Job Functions
- Manage the daily operations of the camp food and dining service including coordinating activities between the kitchen and dining room.
- Lead the Kitchen team and manage Kitchen Assistants.
- Prioritize food safety and allergen safety.
- Coordinate with the Camp Nurse to provide specialty meals for those with dietary restrictions.
- Coordinate with Trips staff to provide meals and snacks for off site excursions.
- Oversee the inventory and ordering of food, equipment, and supplies and arrange for the routine maintenance, sanitation, and upkeep of the camp kitchen, its equipment, and facilities.
- Use eSysco ordering system.
- Other duties as assigned by the Directors.
Equipment used includes food preparation and cooking equipment, both manual and mechanical, and cleaning and dishwashing supplies and equipment.
Apply by: March 31 2019
Camp/Organization: Camp Quinebarge (ACA Accredited)
Type of Position: Kitchen Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: Camp Quinebarge offers a competitive salary, room and board, leadership and other training, weekly laundry, camp t-shirts, free camper tuition, and the opportunity to participate in trips and onsite events. Staff are eligible for performance bonuses. Chefs have 1 day off per week.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Management or supervisory experience in an institutional or high-volume food service setting.
- SafeServ food safety certification or recognized equivalent.
- Experience in food service: ordering, inventory, budgeting, food preparation, family-style serving, buffet serving, cleaning, and institutional kitchen equipment.
- Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
- Work long hours.
- Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards.
- Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
- Lift 50 pounds.
- Meets state, federal, and ACA requirements for summer camp employment. Must pass
- a background check and provide other forms and details.
- Current certification in CPR and/or First Aid. This may be acquired onsite during staff training.
- Desire to work around and inspire children in a summer camp environment.
Being a camp counselor at Camp Quinebarge is an incredibly fun and rewarding experience for someone who enjoys children and helping them grow and is a summer you will remember forever. It is also physically and emotionally demanding and not for everyone. Please consider both before applying. Camp Quinebarge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a member of the New Hampshire Camp Directors Association, and accredited by the American Camp Association.