Employment dates approximately June 18, 2020 - August 23, 2020. Please apply early, positions are filled on a rolling basis.
Camp Quinebarge is a traditional, overnight boys and girls summer camp lying on 70 acres of forest and over 1,200 feet of lakefront on Lake Kanasatka in Moultonborough, NH. Since 1936, Camp Quinebarge has fostered an environment for children to learn about themselves and the world around them, try new activities and learn new skills, have fun, and make friendships that last a lifetime.
Our kitchen is run by 1-2 Camp Chefs, with 3-4 Kitchen Assistants. Together, they serve three meals each day for up to 250 to campers and staff, typically served in our Dining Hall or outdoors as a cookout. Chefs and kitchen staff are beloved by campers and staff alike at Quinebarge. Chefs are provided onsite housing.
Camp Chef Job Functions
- Manage the daily operations of the camp food and dining service including coordinating activities between the kitchen and dining room.
- Lead the Kitchen team and manage Kitchen Assistants to ensure the kitchen and dining hall are cleaned after each meal.
- Prioritize food safety and allergen safety.
- Coordinate with the Camp Nurse to provide specialty meals for those with dietary restrictions.
- Coordinate with Trips staff to provide meals and snacks for off site excursions.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary workspace and perform opening and closing cleanouts.
- Oversee the inventory and ordering of food, equipment, and supplies and arrange for the routine maintenance, sanitation, and upkeep of the camp kitchen, its equipment, and facilities.
- Use eSysco ordering system.
- Other duties as assigned by the Directors.
Equipment used includes food preparation and cooking equipment, both manual and mechanical, and cleaning and dishwashing supplies and equipment.
Apply by: December 31 2019
Camp/Organization: Camp Quinebarge (ACA Accredited)
Location: Moultonborough, New Hampshire
Type of Position: Kitchen Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Being a camp counselor at Camp Quinebarge is an incredibly fun and rewarding experience for someone who enjoys children and helping them grow and is a summer you will remember forever. It is also physically and emotionally demanding and not for everyone. Please consider both before applying.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Management or supervisory experience in an institutional or high-volume food service setting.
- SafeServ food safety certification or recognized equivalent.
- Experience in food service: ordering, inventory, budgeting, food preparation, family-style serving, buffet serving, cleaning, and institutional kitchen equipment.
- Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
- Work long hours.
- Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards.
- Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
- Lift 50 pounds.
- Meets state, federal, and ACA requirements for summer camp employment. Must pass
a background check and provide other forms and details.
- Current certification in CPR and/or First Aid. This may be acquired onsite during staff training.
- Desire to work around and inspire children in a summer camp environment.
Camp Quinebarge offers a competitive salary, room and board, leadership and other training, weekly laundry, camp t-shirts, and the opportunity to participate in trips and onsite events. Staff are eligible for performance bonuses. The Admin will receive one 12-hour day off during Traditions training week, and one 24-hour day off during camper weeks 2-7. There are no days off during camper weeks 1 or 8. Staff will also have one evening off per week, except during camper week 8.