Essential Job Functions The role of the Camp Administrative Assistant is to assist both the FPZ Senior Education Program Coordinator and SZ Education Specialist with all administrative tasks for Stone Zoo and Franklin Park Zoo summer ZooCamp programs. On a daily basis, the Camp Administrative Assistant will be responsible for managing the camper registration database including collecting payments for outstanding balances, checking required camper paperwork, and making adjustments to camper registrations as needed. The Camp Administrative Assistant will also help with creating weekly schedules and rosters for the programs as well as handling communications with parents/guardians through phone calls, emails, and updating ZooCamp’s Facebook page. Both FPZ and SZ ZooCamp summer programs are licensed as recreational day camp programs through the local boards of health and the Camp Administrative Assistant will need to adhere to the policies of each camp program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain the program’s online camper registration database.
- Receive, document and process all incoming payments for both camp programs.
- Review all camper registration form information and collect all required program paperwork.
- Answer incoming phone calls and emails from parents/guardians.
- Create weekly program schedules and session rosters.
- Update ZooCamp social media account.
- Must maintain confidentiality of camper records.
- Provide administrative assistance to Senior Education Program Coordinator and Education Specialist as needed.
- Certification in CPR/AED and First Aid.
- Regularly scheduled hours will be 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Some flexibility is required.
- Work will be based out of Franklin Park Zoo, but the Camp Administrative Assistant will travel to Stone Zoo as needed.
- All other duties as assigned, including assisting with the summer camp program activities.
Apply by: July 27 2019
Camp/Organization: Franklin Park Zoo ZooCamp
Location: Franklin Park Zoo, 1 Franklin Park Road, Boston MA 02121
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Seasonal
Minimum Job Requirements
- 2 years experience as an administrative assistant
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Experience working with an online database or registration system
- Extremely organized and able to multi-task efficiently
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding customer service skills, both internal and external
- Team player; ability to work well with Zoo New England staff, project partners, and program participants
- Appreciation of and commitment to ZNE’s and ZooCamp’s mission and goals
- Complete Massachusetts CORI/SORI background checks upon hire as required by the city of Boston’s local board of health
Preferred Job Requirements
- 1 - 3 years paid experience as an administrative assistant for a licensed recreational day camp program
- Knowledge of Active Network, the program’s registration database
- Current First Responder & or CPR/AED certification.
- Experience working with children in a summer camp setting
Hours, Location, and Term of Appointment • Hours: 8:30am – 2:00pm, weekdays. Final schedule will be set prior to start date • Location: Franklin Park Zoo, travel to Stone Zoo as needed • Term: early June – late August, minimum of 9 weeks