Camp Washington is seeking Male Cabin Counselors to round out the summer staff of 2016, through August 21. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Supervising campers living in cabin groups and teaching activities in assigned program areas. Skills of all kinds are welcome, especially those with experience in athletics or water activities. Applicants must be 18+. Previous experience working with children and youth is desired. Leadership experience is a plus. Join us for one of the best summers of your life, and learn what a joy it is to be a Youth Development Professional.
Contracts for the summer of 2016 will run from June 24 – August 21. Camp Washington is a residential facility, and all staff are expected to live on camp property for the duration of the summer. Most weekends staff are free to enjoy off as they see fit.
Apply by: June 28 2016
Camp/Organization: Camp Washington (ACA Accredited)
Location: Lakeside, CT
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Desire and ability to work with and teach children in the outdoors.
- Desire and ability to create an emotionally and physically safe environment for children.
- Ability to work with one’s peer group.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance.
- Willingness to be open minded towards spiritual exploration.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control.
- Good character, integrity and flexibility / adaptability.
- At least one year of previous camp experience or several years experience working with children.
- Current CPR and first aid certifications.
- 18 years of age or older for Cabin Counselor.
- 17 years of age & completion of CIT program for Jr. Cabin Counselor.