Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts serves thousands of girls in grades K-12 and works in partnership with thousands of adult volunteers. It is also a great place to work! Join our team of dedicated professionals and make a difference in girls' lives!
We are currently recruiting a Business Manager for our residential camp, Camp Wabasso located in S. Sutton, NH
Purpose: To keep accurate and up to date business records. To manage and facilitate the operating of the Trading Post and assist with any logistics related to the operation of camp and camp finances.
- Take complete responsibility for trading post including managing the schedule, keeping records sheets and deposits for each camper and staff up to date; manage money deposited at the beginning of each session and any refunds due at the end of each session.
- Account for all petty cash and promptly submits correct envelopes for reimbursement.
- Reviews all incoming bills and packing slips to ensure accuracy. Submit for payment through main GSEM office or pay for bills as needed. Ensure that all receipts and invoices are submitted to the Camp Director or finance department at GSEM.
- See that incoming and outgoing mail is collected and distributed daily.
- Responsible for balancing camp checking account.
- Schedule with the camp director trips out of camp for purchasing of supplies, banking, and other needed errands.
- Purchase requisitioned supplies needed for the successful and efficient operation of all camp programs.
- Participates in the general camp program when requested.
- Maintain good public relations and healthy communication with campers, their parents, fellow staff, and the community in person and online.
- Participates in pre-camp training, and assists in the opening and closing of camp.
- Maintains accurate, up to date records including inventories, camp budget, trading post tally sheets and record sheets, camp checking account, petty cash account and others as requested.
- Submits reports, inventories, banking records, and any other business related information on time when requested.
- Responsible for the health and safety of all campers through modeling proper behaviors and practices, and reporting of accidents or issues beyond ones skill level to the appropriate staff person.
- Assist in camp cleanliness, cares for camp property and equipment, asks for materials when needed, and reports any camp repairs in a timely manner.
- All other duties as assigned
Apply by: July 4 2016
Camp/Organization: Girl Scouts Eastern Massachusetts (ACA Accredited)
Location: S. Sutton
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Ability to work within the camp environment.
- Familiarity with basic finance procedures such as managing budgets in Excel, balancing a checkbook and accounting for receipts, payments, and other incoming bills and other finances.
- At least 21 years of age by June
- Current drivers license EOE
Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiar with Girl Scout program.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self control
- Acceptance of all people and ability to work with girls and adults of various races, religions, and national origins.
- Desire and ability to work with children ages 7-17 in the outdoors
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance from peers
Physical Demands: The physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use a computer, drive an automobile, play games with campers, and talk or hear. • Specific vision ability required by this job is the ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus. Ability to differentiate colors helpful. • Must be able to lift a maximum of 30 pounds on a regular basis. Work Environment: The work environment an employee is exposed to while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Work may be indoors or outdoors and may be hot, humid, rainy or cool weather. • Work will be during daytime, evening, and overnight hours.