Reports to: Day Camp Coordinator
GIRL SCOUT MISSION: Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
VISION STATEMENT: Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains is recognized throughout New Hampshire and Vermont as a leading expert on girls. Our innovative leadership programs help girls discover, connect and take action as they develop strong values, a social conscience, and a deep sense of self and their potential.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Business Manager assists the Camp Director in all aspects of camp operation. This may include, but is not limited to the following: accounts payable, accounts receivable, registration, customer service, driving, shopping, equipment management, and filing. The Business Manager is responsible to the Day Camp Coordinator and Camp Director who provides training, ongoing supervision, and the materials and tools to carry out the delegated responsibilities.
The Day Camp program occurs in many locations with varying terrain from flat to hilly. Program often requires movement from one activity area to another, involving some distances. Girls are placed in units by age level and then placed in smaller groups to plan and carry out the program. Each day varies. The program is flexible and must be creative. The position requires the ability to work with children and adults eight hours a day, while maintaining a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
The position will begin on January 1 and continue through August 30.
- Collects and fills supply/equipment/food requests as needed.
- Submits all camp bills as approved by the Camp Director. Maintains and files records of all payments.
- Assists with the sorting of campers into units and the compilation of unit lists, attendance sheets, and bus lists.
- Submits purchase orders and check(s) requests.
- Collects employee paperwork and maintains accurate files. Submits employment paperwork prior to the start of working at camp.
- Compiles payroll summary, monitor’s staff attendance, and calls GSGWM office with corrections. Submits this information biweekly to the Day Camp Coordinator.
- Provides customer service to parents, staff, campers, etc. Answers office phone and assists with written communication.
- Oversees the setup and running of the Trading Post. Maintains accurate inventory. Organizes and maintains Trading Post area including cleaning and restocking of items.
- Coordinates purchasing and ordering for camp including: camp program, equipment purchase, food, and paper products.
- Assists in providing staff members with tools and materials to perform job through staff training, meetings, and supervision.
- Meets weekly with the “Tuesday Visitor.”
- Makes weekly deposits of camp money (e.g., Trading Post).
- Ensures daily photos and video are taken at camp and emails photos to Day Camp Coordinator each day.
- Camp credit card will be issued in Business Managers’ name.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Apply by: July 20 2015
Camp/Organization: Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains (ACA Accredited)
Location: Bedford, NH
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Seasonal
Minimum Qualifications • 21 years old or older. • Valid driver’s license and successful driving background check. • Some knowledge of accounting. • Is proficient in MS Word and Excel. • Must participate in all required training. • Acceptance of the Girl Scout Promise and Law and membership in the Girl Scouts of the USA. Essential Skills and Abilities • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. • Ability to respond with calmness and with good judgment in a crises. Work Schedule and Conditions • Works from home from January 1 until Camp Season begins. • Works Monday through Friday during the Camp Season. • Works from home after the completion of Camp Season until August 30. Training • Participates in two director trainings. • Completes the Orientation to Girl Scouting and Girl Scout Leadership Essentials Training. • Assists in the planning and implementation of staff training in a timely fashion. Software/Equipment Experience • General Office Equipment • Microsoft Office Suite
Season for this job goes from 1 January to 31 August.
Bedford, New Hampshire