Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEMA) serves thousands of girls in grades K-12 and works in partnership with thousands of adult volunteers. It is also a great place to work! Every summer, girls arrive to summer camp excited for new experiences.
GSEMA is currently looking for a dedicated and qualified Business Manager for Camp Maude Eaton for our 2018 summer camp season. The Business Manager reports to the Camp Director.
Located in Andover, Massachusetts, Camp Maude Eaton offers traditional camp activities like exploring the natural wonders of the Lou Henry Hoover Sanctuary and Nature Trail, swimming and boating in Pomps Pond, high ropes, singing, crafts, and cookouts.
Camp Dates: June 9-10, 16, 18-19, and June 25, 2018 through August 18, 2018
Business Manager – Day Camp Purpose: To be responsible for accurate and efficient management of the camp business.
• Keeps accurate records of all camp expenditures and keeps camp director informed of status of each account.
• Accounts for all petty cash and promptly submits reports for reimbursement.
• Responsible for purchasing supplies, banking, etc.
• Responsible for trading post inventories and sales.
• Responsible for submitting all bills, packing slips, etc.
• Responsible for maintenance of camp vans.
• Responsible for daily attendance records of campers.
• Assists with opening and closing of camp, making inventories, record keeping.
• Participates in general camp program as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
Apply by: July 24 2018
Camp/Organization: Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts-Camp Maude Eaton (ACA Accredited)
Location: Andover, MA
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Seasonal
Physical Demands: The physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk on varied terrain, play games with campers and talk or hear.
• Specific vision ability required by this job is the ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus. Ability to differentiate colors helpful.
• Must be able to lift a maximum of 20 pounds on a regular basis.
Work Environment: The work environment an employee is exposed to while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work may be indoors or outdoors and may be hot, humid, rainy or cool weather.
• Work will be during daytime with optional evening and overnight hours.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must hold a current U.S. driver’s license and possess a good driving record.
• Aptitude for numbers.
• Familiarity with Excel.
• Ability to balance a checkbook.
• Prior camp experience.
To learn more about all our SEASONAL CAMP EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES, please visit: www.gsema.org To APPLY for a position, please visit: http://tinyurl.com/gsemcampjobs Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.