- To oversee, manage, and coordinate the bunk life area for boys’ and girls’ areas including staff supervision/evaluation, and the health, safety, and programs.
- To work with Camp’s Director during pre-season to prepare upcoming summer’s theme, to review and develop new staff orientation curriculum, to review changes in camps’ protocols, and to set goals and objectives for the season.
- To demonstrate, and to conduct “hands-on” workshops during staff training week, and throughout the summer, for all staff members as part of in-service training.
- To respond to parent/guardian phone calls as follow up to their calls and/or to correspondence.
- To coordinate and lead bunk discussions including topics such as, respect for each other, community and team building, respect for the environment, et al.
- To attend leadership meetings
- To attend evening activities and assist with camper supervision
- To take office and/or OD (evening on-duty) on a rotating basis
- To chaperone field trips, and special off-camp events when called upon
- To accept other projects and tasks as assigned.
Apply by: June 1 2017
Camp/Organization: Cohen Camps, sponsors of Camps Pembroke, Tel Noar, and Tevya (ACA Accredited)
Location: Pembroke, MA; Hampstead, NH; Brookline, NH
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: Based on education, experience, and child(ren) attending camp
- Bachelor’s degree in education, sociology, social work, psychology, HPER, or Jewish Communal Work; Masters preferred.
- 5+ years experience camp counselor experience as Assistant Boys Head Counselor, Unit Leader, or Head Counselor at a Jewish Day or Residential camp
- Proven experiences supervising and managing a staff through a residential camp schedule is an asset.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Experience as an advisor in the Jewish community through youth groups, such as, BBYO, USY, Young Judaea, NFTY, or through work in local temple/synagogue, or campus Hillel a plus.
• Offer competitive summer compensation • Free room, board and laundry • Days off • Camper tuition assistance if child(ren) attending one of the Cohen Camps