The Ecology and Conservation Director, or ECON director, is the Area director of our Ecology and Conservation Area. The ECON director should have good leadership skills and a hefty amount of knowledge on Ecology and Nature (ie: forestry, weather, wildlife, environmental science, etymology, geology.) The ECON director works closely with the Program director to provide a quality ecology and conservation program to young scouts. The ECON director’s specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Help develop and run program for the Ecology and Conservation Area.
- Develop lesson plans and teach merit badges to scouts aged 11-17.
- Have oversight in taking care of livestock animals,
- Lead a team of 3-5 younger staff members in the Ecology and Conservation Area.
- Be a leader and a resource for younger staff members.
Apply by: May 6 2019
Camp/Organization: Treasure Valley Scout Reservation
Location: Rutland, MA
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
Must be 18 years or older
Experience/Education in areas of ecology, conservation, or agriculture.
This is a residential program that runs for 7 weeks through the summer. Applicant must be willing to live at camp for the full 7 weeks. Staff will get out by 11AM on Saturday, and will be expected to return by 11AM on Sunday.