• Helps run the waterfront under the Waterfront Director’s guidance.
• Ensure the safety of all participants participating in boating programs. Responsibly supervises campers at all times.
• Supervises staff teaching boating classes
• Teaches classes during open acts
• Responsible upkeep of the boats & boating equipment to ensure safety
• Helps maintain the cleanliness of the waterfront, boathouse, and office
• Assists with evening programs as needed
• Assists with night camp supervision and CQ
• Assists Camp Director in whatever area to ensure Camp’s safety
• Leads by example in accordance with camp’s values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Provides a positive role model for campers to look up to.
Apply by: April 4 2015
Camp/Organization: YMCA Camp Woodstock (ACA Accredited)
Location: Woodstock Valley, CT
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $2,100 + room and board
• Must be at least 20 years of age
• Ability to manage boating program and staff
• General knowledge of boat care
• Basic Boating Certification provided by YMCA Camp Woodstock
• Must have organizational ability to maintain equipment, and to create and sustain an effective system to track equipment.
• Ability to maintain a safe boating program in adherence with standards set by the YMCA, the State of Connecticut, and the American Camping Association.
• Willingness to follow Camp Woodstock’s personnel policy
• Runs the waterfront in the absents of the Waterfront Director
• Assists Program Director and Unit Leaders during evening activities