Join Drumlin’s team of committed staff who enjoy working and learning together, helping to connect young people with the natural world.
Drumlin Farm Camp is seeking enthusiastic staff to work part-time with our extended day program.
Position is scheduled from June 18 through August 10; 6:30 – 9:30 am.
Staff training hours are 8 am – 4 pm. June 5th – 15th.
Position may be combined with other camp positions at Drumlin Farm, if desired.
Apply by: July 22 2018
Camp/Organization: Drumlin Farm Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Lincoln, MA
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: Commensurate with experience
• Must be at least 22 years old
• Have experience supervising and enjoy being with children, ages 4-17
• Ideal candidates are patient, friendly, and have experience with people of varied abilities
• Verbally communicates well with adults
• Have the ability to lead walks on rough terrain and implement nature-based games, crafts, explorations, and activities
• Current certification in Community CPR and Basic First Aid required;
• Preferred candidates are studying toward a degree in early education, psychology, life sciences or education, or equivalent work experience
• Must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI)
• Responsible for overseeing the before-camp program, 7:00-9:00 Monday-Friday, leading or assisting with the teaching of activities. Help to transition our campers into a wonderful day, creating a nurturing and welcoming space for them to have breakfast and relax before camp begins.
• Supervise camper health and safety, pro-actively communicate with parents and staff, and provide leadership for campers
• Provide a small breakfast each day and ensuring that the daily activities are meeting the needs of all campers (quiet programs such as crafts, moving programs like games).
• Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of before-camp staff
• Assure that campers are being supervised at all times and that each camper feels safe, respected, involved and empowered
• Be aware of and implement safety guidelines
• Be the on-site camp supervisor when/if the directors are off-site, and communicate all relevant information to directors when they arrive.
• Training includes natural history, communication, group management and teaching techniques specific to our camp
208 S Great Rd
Lincoln, Massachusetts 01773-4816