The Auxiliary Programs Associate will provide support and hands-on leadership for the Auxiliary Programs Department. The Auxiliary Programs Department is responsible for afterschool programs including extended day (WOW) and enrichment-based programs; summer programs, including a summer day camp; facility rental business for the School; the school store; and new program development. During the year the Associate will focus on leading the Wheeler Afterschool programs, manage the school store, support Auxiliary initiatives, and assist the summer programs. The position reports to the Director of Auxiliary Programs.
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Co-coordinate the Wheeler Afterschool Programs, responsible for planning and providing for the safe operations of the program in a manner consistent with the policies and philosophy of the School. Daily responsibilities until 5:30 pm.
- Co-coordinate School Store operations as an Auxiliary Team member. Assist the community with daily sales, provide retail management services including quality control and marketing; maintain and report all sales, billing, inventory, and manage the School’s virtual bookstore operation.
- Work within the Auxiliary Department to plan and implement additional care-based programs for days when school is not in session, i.e. school vacations, conferences.
- Work closely with parents, administration, and faculty to address the needs of individual students enrolled in after-school programs.
- Maintain accurate registration records for all programs and provide up-to-date information to the Business Office.
- During the summer, the Associate will serve as a Unit Leader/Assistant Camp Director for Wheeler Summer.
- Support and lead outdoor education/team-building events and programs.
- Support and assist the Director of Auxiliary Programs in formulating policy as it relates to the Auxiliary Department.
- Support the Director of Auxiliary Programs with all Auxiliary Programs and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply by: March 17 2020
Camp/Organization: Wheeler School
Location: Providence RI, Seekonk MA
Type of Position: Director
Qualifications: A minimum of five years’ relevant work experience with primary school-age children is required, as is a bachelor's degree, preferably in Recreation Management, Elementary Education, or Early Childhood Development. Summer Camp, adventure programming, and recreational experience preferred. The qualified candidate must be physically able to participate in activities with the students/campers and be able to make informed, sound judgments, particularly with regard to safety, under a variety of circumstances. Must possess good verbal communication skills, be resourceful, and be capable of working with minimal supervision. Must at all times demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and conduct when working with and around others.