Position Summary The Associate Camp Director has the primary responsibility of effectively managing a summer camp program for approximately 16 campers and about 3 staff. This program primarily serves campers and staff who primarily identify as girls and gender nonconforming. This program is primarily a primitive outdoor living skills camp with a focus on living simply without modern “technology”. In conjunction with the Indian Brook Director, this position is the primary representative to all constituency groups (parents, campers, staff, alumni, F&W management, and the Board of Trustees) in regard to all aspects of the program. The Associate Director’s primary responsibilities are to strive for the good health and happiness of the campers, and full enrollment of the program. The Associate Director is responsible for all aspects of staff management, camper/parent relations, program development/management, camp risk management, ACA accreditation, budget oversight and adherence to the F&W mission.
This is a part-time, exempt, salaried position. This position is full-time from May through August, and part-time from October through April. The Associate Director is required to live on-site and work 6 days per week during camp season (early-June to late August) and work about 8-10 hours a week during the off-season (October to April). The position will include participation in one recruitment event and one Farm & Wilderness Work Weekend.
Apply by: December 10 2018
Camp/Organization: Farm & Wilderness Foundation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Plymouth, VT
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Year Round
• Commitment to youth development and progressive social change
• Training, classes or life experience addressing issues of race, class, and gender within the U.S. culture
• Background or experienced educator in an experiential or classroom setting
• Background or experience in Outdoor Education or Adventure Education
• Extensive experience designing, organizing and teaching Earth based living skills
• Desire a passion for living out simplistic values and knowledge of Earth based living skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work tasks