Camp Tel Noar, a Cohen Camp, is now seeking a full-time, year-round Assistant Director. If you are passionate about summer camp and making a difference in children’s lives, value collaboration and teamwork, and can demonstrate creativity, this could be the role for you. The Assistant Director reports to the Director of Camp Tel Noar and is part of the senior leadership team supporting The Cohen Camps’ mission and programs. You’ll be based in the Wellesley, MA office for most of the year, and live at camp during the summer.
Set in Southern New Hampshire, Tel Noar has a rich 73-year history. It brings together boys and girls ages 8 to 16 each summer in a fun environment that nurtures campers, builds a community which promotes independence and self-confidence, and strengthens campers’ Jewish identities and commitment to the Jewish community.
As a member of the Camp Tel Noar’s senior leadership team, the Assistant Director maintains a visible position at camp and in the community as a role model representing the camp and upholding the camp’s values and principles. As a supervisor, the Assistant Director implements camp policies and practices.
Camper Recruitment, Retention and Success
The Assistant Director collaborates with the Director to develop and implement strategic marketing and recruitment plans, including special events during camp and throughout the year, and registration/enrolling of campers. A significant component of this is camper and family communications before and during camp. During the summer, the Assistant Director will collaborate with other senior staff on camper care and support processes to ensure campers have safe and successful experiences.
Marketing and Communications
The Assistant Director collaborates with the Director on Camp communication and marketing materials, including videos, the Camp’s website, and social media platforms. In addition, the Assistant Director oversees and/or creates seasonal communications, including weekly and monthly newsletters for campers, parents, staff and /alumni.
Staff Recruitment, Supervision and Engagement
The Assistant Director works with the Director to develop and execute the seasonal staffing plan, including interviewing, hiring, welcoming, and training. The Assistant Director will be part of the team during the camp season that leads ongoing professional development, including pre-camp staff orientation and training.
The Assistant Director helps manage Tel Noar’s seasonal opening and closing with the Director. This may include, and is not limited to, ordering and inventorying supplies, purchasing equipment, and organizing transportation.
The Assistant Director will also lead the American Camp Accreditation process, ensuring the camp’s policies and operations meet or exceed the industry standards.
Apply by: January 7 2019
Camp/Organization: Camp Tel Noar, member of the Cohen Family of Camps (ACA Accredited)
Location: Wellesley, MA (Winter), Hampstead, NH (Summer)
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: Based on experience, skills and education
• 3 years camp experience including staff supervision, training and engagement.
• Bachelor’s degree in related area such as education, social work, psychology, Jewish Communal work, youth and community development, or recreation management. Masters preferred.
• Exemplary problem-solving, communication, customer service, organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at a time.
• Comfortable working in a pluralistic Jewish environment.
• Exceptional oral and written skills, including experience with social media platforms.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office software.
• Work in our Wellesley, MA offices.
• Available to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
• Able to travel locally, nationally and internationally for conferences, camp fairs, and camper recruitment.
• Live on-site at camp June-August (housing and food provided).
• Maintain a demanding camp schedule during the summer.
3 years camp experience including staff supervision, training and engagement.
To Apply Send a resume and email (summarizing relevant experience) to: Sue Siegel at SSiegel@cohencamps.org.