Camp Washington, the official Camp of the Episcopal Church in Connecticut, is seeking as Assistant Director for it's 2016 Summer camp program.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: To assist in supervising daily camp functions.
- Serve as immediate supervisor of cabin counselors and Program Staff.
- Formulate community & staffing schedules along with Senior Counselor.
- Help ensure positive morale by providing recreational opportunities for staff and assist in planning end of season celebration.
- Identify and report staff and camper concerns to the Camp Director.
- Assist in the daily programs as needed.
- Visit cabins daily as a supervisory tool but also to provide opportunities to get to know campers and staff.
- Take part in morning administration meetings.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings for cabin counselors.
- Be aware of staff morale and report any concerns to the Camp Director.
- Assist in running the CIT program in conjunction with the Senior Counselor and Camp Director.
- Assist in the planning & implementation of pre-season & in-service staff training.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: To help counselors and Program Staff identify and meet the camper’s needs.
- Strive to learn the likes and dislikes of the campers and share observations with counselors.
- Encourage respect for individuals and their differences.
- Be aware of camper moods and make counselors aware of any concerns.
- Assist counselors in providing opportunities for the group so that each camper experiences success during the camp session.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: To fulfill other staff administrative roles.
- Serve as an alternate camp director in the camp director’s absence.
- Prepare for and actively participate in staff orientation, in-service training,evening programs and special events.
- Make personal and professional decisions and demonstrate behaviors that are in-line with the camp philosophy which will help to foster a quality program for both campers and staff.
- Meet all deadlines set forth by supervisors.
- Follow, and assist in enforcing, all camp rules and regulations pertaining to staff behavior outlined in the staff manual including, but not limited to: smoking, use of alcoholic beverages, interpersonal relations and the use of drugs.
- A willingness to perform duties that do not require specialized training that may be outside of previously assigned job descriptions.
- Assist in planning specialty camp sessions.
- Serve as an alternate Cabin Counselor as needed.
Apply by: July 10 2016
Camp/Organization: Camp Washington (ACA Accredited)
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Desire and ability to work with and teach children and young adults in the outdoors.
- Desire and ability to create an emotionally and physically safe environment for children.
- Ability and experience in supervising and scheduling staff.
- Ability to work with one’s peer group.
- Ability to interact with parents.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance.
- Experience with group dynamics and conflict resolution.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to be open minded towards spiritual exploration.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control.
- Good character, integrity, flexibility & adaptability.
- Current CPR and first aid certifications.
- 25 years of age or older desired