Camp BNC at West Roxbury is filled with singing, playing outside, acting silly and lots more.
We are looking for an Assistant Director that will support our goal of blending a high quality environmental education with all the elements of a traditional camp; helping children find a connection to nature while receiving all the benefits that come along with a great camp experience. The Assistant Camp Director will support the Camp Director in the daily operations of camp and directly supervise the camp and extended day program from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. The Assistant Camp Director will assist in many of the administrative aspects of camp, oversee the health and safety of campers, communicate with parents, and assist in the supervision of camp staff, teen counselors and volunteers. The Assistant Camp Director will help educators with program planning and substitute teach when needed.
Apply by: April 19 2016
Camp/Organization: Boston Nature Center (ACA Accredited)
Location: West Roxbury
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $14-$16 per hour depending on experience
- Applicants should be at least 21 years of age
- Have experience working at a camp in a leadership role
- Have a sense of fun
- Applicants should have an interest and general knowledge of natural history and/or education
- Must have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain
- Be able to work both cooperatively and independently
- Must be comfortable in a leadership role, have strong interpersonal skills, have an enthusiastic and positive attitude, a love of nature and have a willingness to learn
- Applicants will be expected to have effective communication skills, both written and verbal, and a strong commitment to high quality customer service
- Demonstrated ability to promote and respect diversity of ethnic, cultural, linguistic backgrounds and, physical and mental disabilities
- Applicants must have CPR/First aid certification or willing to obtain (training will be available)
- Successful candidates must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI)
500 Walk Hill St.
Mattapan, Massachusetts 02126