Under the Director of Facilities & Outdoor Program, the Assistant Director of Outdoor Program has the overall responsibilities for developing and implementing year round outdoor programming at all of our Council’s 5 properties to include day and resident camps, community level camporees, and adventure training that includes climbing, ropes courses, equestrian programs, archery, canoeing, and more. The incumbent is responsible for directing camp programs at all properties; hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating staff; developing, organizing and implementing creative program activities and all-camp program events to deliver Girl Scout curriculum. This position is responsible for ensuring that that camp and outdoor leadership program is based on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and customized to meet the needs, preferences, and interests of the specific age level girls we serve in support of our specific strategic goals.
Apply by: February 14 2016
Camp/Organization: Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains (ACA Accredited)
Location: New Hampshire/Vermont
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: Range: $36K - $45K
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree in Recreation or related field
• Minimum of five years’ supervisory/management experience
• Minimum of three’ years’ experience working in an administrative camp staff role
• Experience developing and managing budgets and financial resources
• Comfortable and skilled in deescalating conflict
• Waterfront experience and certifications a plus
• Must be at least 25 years of age per ACA standards and CPR Certified
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
• Ability to manage financial resources effectively.
• Ability to supervise a diverse group of people.
• Ability to work cooperatively in furtherance of stated goals.
• Ability to think critically and calmly in emergency situations and act appropriately.
Ideal candidate will have the ability to travel within NH and VT, and possess experience using general office equipment, MS Office 365, Salesforce, and Sage Financial Accounting software. This is a full-time year-round position based in Manchester, NH area with evenings and weekend commitments as needed. Work environment: normal office and camp conditions during resident camp season and as needed for outdoor programs.