The Assistant Camp Director works to support the Camp Director in overseeing and managing all aspects of an eight week Summer Day Camp Program for up to 120 children per week in Grades K – 8. Naticook Day Camp operates in Wasserman Park in Merrimack. Wasserman Park is a 44 acre park on Naticook Lake. The Assistant Camp Director will directly manage the Camp Activity Specialists and plan and implement all Camp Special events.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: The Assistant Camp Director works under the direction of the Camp Director.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Assist the Camp Director in managing a seasonal staff of approximately 40 employees.
• Assist the Camp Director in planning, supervising and leading Naticook Day Camp.
• Assist the Camp Director in planning, directing and supervising the daily operations of the Naticook Day Camp program and create a high energy, fun and creative experience for campers.
• As a member of the Camp Leadership Team work to plan, develop and implement a wide variety of Camp activities and special events.
• Provide support to the Camp Activity Specialists while providing guidance to ensure they have appropriate and well thought out lesson plans for each day.
• Assist in the preparation and facilitation of Camp Staff orientation and hold weekly staff meetings with on-going learning opportunities.
• Monitor safety of all campers and staff and work with Camp Director to manage disciplinary issues as needed.
• Establishes positive rapport and on-going communication among staff, campers and their parents.
• Ensure that the Camp is running smoothly on a daily basis.
• Manages inventory and requisitions supplies in a timely manner.
• Prepare an evaluation and summary of current season including inventories, staff evaluations, and recommendations for improvements the following season.
• Serves as the acting camp director in his/her absence.
Apply by: March 3 2018
Camp/Organization: Naticook Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $11.56 - $13.98/hr
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• At least 2 years of leadership experience in a Day Camp or Sleep Away Camp setting.
• Experience supervising employees and planning special events.
• Current CPR and Standard First Aid certifications or willingness to obtain.
• Experience dealing with parents in a professional and tactful manner.
• Be resourceful and flexible in many situations and be able to think critically to identify and respond to hazards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Skills in communication, leadership and public relations
• Knowledge of the development stages of children in Grades K – 8
• Ability to train and motivate staff
• Ability to think critically and make sound evaluations
• Ability to connect with campers and staff members
• Flexible and willing to try new ways of doing things
• Ability to observe camper behavior assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques
• Ability to multitask
Interested candidates should complete the Town of Merrimack Application for Employment and mail or drop it off to the following address: Town of Merrimack Attn: Human Resources 6 Baboosic Lake Road Merrimack, NH 03054 Download the job application at: http://www.merrimacknh.gov/sites/merrimacknh/files/town_of_merrimack_application_2015.pdf