Hosmer Point, a summer camp and outdoor education facility, is looking for a dynamic leader to join it's leadership team. This is a five month position (May 1-Oct 1). The ideal candidate would be Organized and detail oriented; flexible in changing and challenging situations; approachable; an excellent interpersonal communicator; an inspirational, positive role model; calm and competent in difficult situations; someone who plans ahead and helps stop problems before they start; fun, positive and energetic.
Apply by: December 7 2014
Camp/Organization: Hosmer Point (ACA Accredited)
Location: Craftsbury Common, VT
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $15,000-20,000 based on experience
• Be responsible for all aspects of camp management during Director’s time off.
• Daily interactions, teaching and supervision with campers and counselors.
• Train and work with seasonal staff, including assisting Director with creating and facilitating staff training.
• Oversee residential life and Head Counselors including section meetings, cabin routines and procedures, and minor discipline issues.
• Work with Director to plan and run camp staff meetings.
• Be available for campers when they are homesick, needing behavior modification plans, etc.
• Continue to develop, plan and oversee Counselor In Training program.
• Oversee Work Crew program for 16-year olds.
• Oversee medical professionals and daily management of the health center.
• Assist in preparing for and maintaining ACA accreditation.
• Assist in planning and implementing programming for Outreach school groups.
• Implement and organize emergency procedure drills throughout season.
• Occasionally assist in daily office operations (answering phones, getting the mail, etc.).
• Assist in development and growth of camp.
• Create and implement strategies for improvement in all aspects of camp.
• Other duties in conjunction with the Craftsbury Outdoor Center during the off-season.
• Assist in “on-camp” coverage during facility rentals.
- Experience as a supervisor.
- Experience with camp-life.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience teaching and working with children and young adults.
- Ability to create and implement a variety of outdoor education lessons.
- Detail oriented and excellent follow through.
- Ability to write and speak clearly and professionally.
- Strong initiative and ability to self-start.
- Have the ability to plan for and implement future development at camp.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office programs. Desire to work and live in a camp community.