The Assistant Camp Director generally supports all camp operations and directly supervises all unit staff, in addition to serving as the director for Camp Green Forest (day camp). The Assistant Camp Director reports to the Camp Director and acts as Camp Director in their absence.
Apply by: July 8 2018
Camp/Organization: Camp Hoffman/Girl Scouts of Southeastern New England (ACA Accredited)
Location: 2850 Ministerial Road in West Kingston, RI
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Year Round
• Willingness to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours with limited or simple equipment and facilities
• Must have a valid driver license, reliable transportation, and current insurance
• Be able to pass a background check
• Must be available for the full duration of the employment period Approximately two weeks of pre-camp training including but not limited to Safety, Risk Management, Youth Development, Child Health and Welfare, Outdoor Skills, and Program Activities.
• Must be 21 or older
• Have a desire and ability to work with girls ages 5 – 17
• Must have supervisory experience
• Must have knowledge of camp operational areas (e.g. food services, health, aquatic program, program)
• Must have experience with youth programming or equivalent experience
• Teaching or child care experience desired; organized camp experience preferred
• Experience in Girl Scout programming, camp counseling and/or leadership techniques desirable
• Ability to use own expertise, talents, skills, and creativity to supplement and enrich camp programming
• Demonstrated ability and experience in supervising staff and youth
To Apply: Go to http://www.gssne.org/en/our-council/careers.html and click the online summer application and note you are applying for the Assistant Camp Director for Camp Hoffman. No phone calls please.