This year Camp BNC will run from June 25 to August 3. Camp BNC will offer 6, week-long camp sessions for children ages 5 to 13. We are looking for an Assistant Director that will support our goal of blending a high quality environmental education with all the elements of a traditional camp; helping children find a connection to nature while receiving all the benefits that come along with a great camp experience. The Assistant Camp Director will support the Camp Director in the daily operations of camp and directly supervise the camp for before care (7:30 a.m.- 9:00 a.m.) or after care programing (4:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m). The Assistant Camp Director will assist in many of the administrative aspects of camp, oversee the health and safety of campers, communicate with parents, and assist in the supervision of camp staff, teen counselors and volunteers. The Assistant Camp Director will help educators with program planning and substitute teach when needed.
Join our team of staff who enjoy learning and working together in a beautiful urban wildlife sanctuary!
Apply by: April 6 2018
Camp/Organization: Camp BNC -Mass Audubon (ACA Accredited)
Location: West Roxbury
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $14/$16 per hour depending on experience
• Applicants should be at least 21 years of age
• Have experience working at a camp in a leadership role
• Have a sense of fun
• Applicants should have an interest and general knowledge of natural history and/or education
• Must have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain
• Be able to work both cooperatively and independently
• Must be comfortable in a leadership role, have strong interpersonal skills, have an enthusiastic and positive attitude, a love of nature and have a willingness to learn
• Applicants will be expected to have effective communication skills, both written and verbal, and a strong commitment to high quality customer service
• Demonstrated ability to promote and respect diversity of ethnic, cultural, linguistic backgrounds and, physical and mental disabilities
• Applicants must have CPR/First aid certification or willing to obtain (training will be available)
• Successful candidates must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI)
Schedule: Training June 11-22. Camp runs Monday – Friday, June 25 – August 3 (with a potential option to stay on until August 31st).
500 Walk Hill Street
Mattapan, Massachusetts 02126