Arts & Crafts is a popular activity at Quinebarge, with most campers participating at least once during their stay. Our goal is to provide a creative outlet that is safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abilities. Campers will create everything from eco-crafts to pottery to friendship bracelets, in an environment that allows them to socialize and strengthen friendships while creating something they will take home to remind them of Camp throughout the year.
- Develop and deliver an arts and crafts program that is appropriate for the age and ability of the campers
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in the Arts & Crafts program area
- Equipment used includes markers, crayons, paper, gimp, craft string, clay, and other such art supplies.
Apply by: February 13 2017
Camp/Organization: Camp Quinebarge (ACA Accredited)
Location: Moutltonborough, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Documented training or experience in arts & crafts or arts instruction
Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
- Working long hours in an active program
- Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
- Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers
- 17 years of age as of the start of employment and eligible for work in the United States
- 21+ with valid Driver’s License preferred
- Meets state, federal, and ACA requirements for summer camp employment. Must pass a background check and provide other forms and details.
- Current certification in CPR and/or First Aid. This may be acquired onsite during staff training Other certifications a plus (High Ropes/Wall, Lifeguard, Wilderness First Aid)
- Desire to work with and inspire children in a summer camp environment.
Camp Quinebarge is a traditional, summer, overnight boys and girls summer camp lying on 65 acres of forest and over 1,200 feet of lakefront on Lake Kanasatka in Moultonborough, NH. Since 1936, Camp Quinebarge has fostered an environment for children to learn about themselves and the world around them, try new activities and learn new skills, and make friendships that last a lifetime. At Quinebarge, counselors lead program activities as well as live in and supervise their assigned cabin of 4-8 campers. During activity periods, counselors are responsible for their activity areas and for the group of campers assigned for that hour; most other times, they are with their cabin.