Assist the Art Center Staff in teaching art related merit badges - Art, Woodworking, Moviemaking, Public Speaking, Woodcarving, Indian Lore
Apply by: June 30 2016
Camp/Organization: Camp Resolute (ACA Accredited)
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Ability to communicate and work with groups participating (age and skill levels) and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
- Current first aid and CPR (training provided)
- Ability to instruct merit badges and a wide variety of single Arts Center projects
- Assists in camp-wide events
- Willing to be a Registered member of Boy Scouts of America
- 16 years of age
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Ability to observe staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate management techniques.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
Knowledge in any of these fields
Salary is starting pay for 1st time staff, but consideration is given for previous camp experience