Since 1793, Lawrence Academy has been fostering and educating young adolescents through self-discovery and risk taking. At Lawrence, learning is driven by interests and experience, and this unique and person-centered way of life does not end when school ends each June. Every summer, our 135-acre campus is opened to children of all ages. Our summer camps are designed to offer unforgettable experiences that grow with our campers. We offer a traditional day camp that provides a great variety of experiences and fun, along with many specialty and sports camps that ignite a flame in a special interest or grow already-developing talents, all in a safe and caring community with exceptional staff who actively engage in every area with our campers.
Archery is one of the most popular activities, and allows campers to learn a fun skill while watching themselves progress daily. Our goals are to teach campers archery skills and safety in a fun setting. Under the Direction of the Day Camp Director, the Archery Specialist will:
- Implement an archery program that is appropriate for the age and ability of the campers.
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures.
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment for the program. Equipment used includes re-curve bows, rounded-tip arrows, arm guards, and targets.
- Occasional evening hours will be needed during our 4-week overnight camp to run a special archery session for them.
Apply by: March 12 2016
Camp/Organization: Summer at LA
Location: Groton, MA
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Current certification in archery instruction or documented training and experience. Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
o Working long hours in an active Sports Program
o Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
o Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
o Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers
- 18 years of age as of the start of employment and eligible for work in the United States 21+ with valid Driver’s License preferred
- Must pass a background check and provide other forms and details.
- Min. 1 year of college/university
- Current certification in CPR and/or First Aid. This may be acquired onsite during staff training
- Other certifications a plus (High Ropes/Wall, Wilderness First Aid) Desire to work with and inspire children in a summer camp environment.