The Merrimack Parks & Recreation Department is currently seeking an Archery Instructor to work at Naticook Day Camp for the Summer 2018 Season.
The Archery Instructor is responsible for teaching/ leading quality archery programs
• Develop, plan & lead archery & sports activities for children between the ages of 7 – 14 which will foster participant’s skills & abilities.
• Setup Archery Range on a daily basis.
• Review safety rules with campers
• Team and monitor proper use of equipment
• During staff training, assist in teaching responsibilities associated with archery activities.
• Conduct daily check of facilities and equipment in program area for safety, cleanliness and good repair
• Other duties may be assigned as required.
The normal schedule for this position will be either 7:00 – 3:00 pm or 9:30 – 5:30 pm, Mondays – Fridays from June 25th – August 17th.
Apply by: July 8 2018
Camp/Organization: Naticook Day Camp / Merrimack Parks & Recreation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $9.00 - $11.56/hr
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• High School graduate or equivalent, or at least 18 years of age
• Certification as a Level 1 Archery Instructor (willing to train the right candidate).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Training and experience in archery (documented)
• Ability to teach archery to campers of all ages
• Ability to set up a range, order, and repair equipment
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
• Good character, integrity, and adaptability
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
HOW TO APPLY Interested candidates should complete a Town of Merrimack Application which is available on our website at: www.merrimacknh.gov/positionopenings. Complete descriptions of all open positions are available on our website. Completed applications should be sent to: Town of Merrimack Human Resources, 6 Baboosic Lake Rd, Merrimack, NH 03054. Applications can also be obtained by calling the Parks & Recreation Department at 882-1046 or by emailing the Parks & Recreation Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. EOE.