ACTIVITY SPECIALIST - ARCHERY
JOB SUMMARY: To lead summer archery program at Naticook Day Camp, while maintaining high standards that lead to a quality program.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of the Day Camp Director
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The Archery Instructor is responsible for teaching/ leading quality archery & sports programs
• Develop, plan & lead archery & sports activities for children between the ages of 5 – 14 which will foster participant’s skills & abilities.
• Setup Archery Range on a daily basis.
• Review safety rules with campers
• Team and monitor proper use of equipment
• During staff training, assist in teaching responsibilities associated with archery & sports activities.
• Conduct daily check of facilities and equipment in program area for safety, cleanliness and good repair
• Keep and maintain all archery equipment in safe operating condition
• Be a Positive Role model to all campers and staff
• Participate in staff meetings
• Offer good suggestions when needed or requested
• Assist in conducting initial and end-of-season inventory
• storing and keeping equipment in good condition
• Assist in packing materials and supplies for following season
• Evaluate current season and make suggestions for following season
• Other duties may be assigned as required.
Apply by: May 12 2019
Camp/Organization: Naticook Day Camp / Merrimack Parks & Recreation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $9.00 - $10.00/hr
At least 16 years of age Certification as a Level 1 (or higher) Archery Instructor from USA Archery or equivalent
• Training and experience in archery (documented)
• Ability to teach archery to campers of all ages
• Ability to set up a range, order, and repair equipment
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
• Ability to relate to one’s peer group
• Ability to accept guidance and supervision
• Good character, integrity, and adaptability
Interested candidates should complete the Town of Merrimack Application for Employment and mail or drop it off to the following address: Town of Merrimack Attn: Human Resources 6 Baboosic Lake Road Merrimack, NH 03054